Abusive client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister had this problem with a client but she went to debenhams to get them removed. They don't do the semi permanent individual lashes, they do the cluster, day lashes. So the girl that tried to remove them couldn't because she didn't have the right remover. Anyway this client went back to my Sis and said her lashes were ruined and the girl that took them off said they must have been put on with superglue.
My sister called debenhams and told them off because they're not qualified And shouldn't have said this to her client.
Then she went back to the client and explained that she wouldn't be giving her a refund, explained about debenhams being unqualified in this treatment and the client backed off.
My point is, if this girl is a hairdresser, how do you know that she hasn't damaged her lashes when she removed them. Can you get her number to speak to her about what she said to your client?

yes me too full time.
Think we on the same hymn sheet - was commenting as you said harassment was cut and dried thats all.. dealing with harassment on a daily basis with not one case being the same..
I'm sure we don't need to keep explaining ourselves you like I, say it how it is I think ... yes asb personal etc has been in for quite a while in our force... the other thing is that all areas deal with things differently - wish is was all the same then everyone would know where they stand - and now this month we have added THRIVE and vulnerability assessments (keeping us on our toes)

Have no idea if posting this in the right bit I have a client with exema coming to get a spray tan tonight is there anything she could do to try get it abit better for 2night?xx

My sister had this problem with a client but she went to debenhams to get them removed. They don't do the semi permanent individual lashes, they do the cluster, day lashes. So the girl that tried to remove them couldn't because she didn't have the right remover. Anyway this client went back to my Sis and said her lashes were ruined and the girl that took them off said they must have been put on with superglue.
My sister called debenhams and told them off because they're not qualified And shouldn't have said this to her client.
Then she went back to the client and explained that she wouldn't be giving her a refund, explained about debenhams being unqualified in this treatment and the client backed off.
My point is, if this girl is a hairdresser, how do you know that she hasn't damaged her lashes when she removed them. Can you get her number to speak to her about what she said to your client?

sounds similar for the point of responsibility - for peace of mind I would get it in writing as she could say anything then say something totally different to the 'client' as the 'client' appears to be a troublemaker - but the hairdresser realizing she could get in trouble for it, bet her insurance doesn't cover her doing it! may diffuse the whole situation..? ;)

Yeah get it in writing actually!

Well i have a very good understanding of the law, and ive never heard of ASB personal. If it does exist then its probably in a different context than what it sounds. For it to be harassment there has to be a course of conduct over a period of time. So numerous phone calls (logged on phone), letters (kept) and personal visits (witnessed) constitute a course of conduct. They do this over a period of time (say 2 weeks or even a week), then you have your harrassment. It doesnt have to be proved it has an effect on your life at all, the components are there. I know the difference between slander and libel. An harassment warning does not have to be issued, it can be bypassed and can go straight to arrest. There is nothing stopping anyone claiming compensation/punitive damages, but ultimately it would be the courts decision. Paying for the service does indicate that she was happy. Hwever this is not cut and dried as things appen afteAnti-social behaviour is any behaviour that causes or is likely to cause alarm, harassment, or distress to any person.

Staffordshire Police takes anti-social behaviour seriously and works closely with your local council to resolve it.

Anti-social behaviour includes a range of negative, selfish and unacceptable activity that affects the quality of neighbourhood life. Some of the activities need to be tackled by the police, while others are the responsibility of the local council.

Anti-social behaviour…
is caused by people of all ages
has a negative impact on the quality of life of individuals, families and communities
damages the environment, especially disadvantaged areas
is regularly identified as a top priority for local policing teams to tackle.
r the event
Cheshire please see below this is what ASB personal covers

try this
Anti-social behaviour is any behaviour that causes or is likely to cause alarm, harassment, or distress to any person.

Staffordshire Police takes anti-social behaviour seriously and works closely with your local council to resolve it.

Anti-social behaviour includes a range of negative, selfish and unacceptable activity that affects the quality of neighbourhood life. Some of the activities need to be tackled by the police, while others are the responsibility of the local council.

give up, thought it may help see where i was coming from..
its copying and pasting wrong from the site... its now included neighbour disputes tut..

yes me too full time.
Think we on the same hymn sheet - was commenting as you said harassment was cut and dried thats all.. dealing with harassment on a daily basis with not one case being the same..

Prob didnt make myself too clear. I meant what was happening was harassment as opposed to ASB personal. I think using ASB personal in relation to the OPs problem would be using it out of context and not whats its actually meant for. As you will no doubt know, harassment in one offence wording means something totally different in another. In all honesty this is not something the Police would probably want to get involved in, unless threatswere . It has Civil undertones and should be remedied as such. The trrouble with todays society is that if theres a fire thet call the fire brigade and the Police. If someone collapses they phoine ambo and the Police. If someone has a noisy party they phone the Police and if someone is sitting on their wall they phone the Police. And for everything else they phone the Police.

try this
Anti-social behaviour is any behaviour that causes or is likely to cause alarm, harassment, or distress to any person.

Different context i think. Look as what they define as anti-social behaviour. Crim Dam, Littereing, Drugs etc. Mithering someone for a refund does not fall under this in my view, and if im wrong and it does then apologies.

Prob didnt make myself too clear. I meant what was happening was harassment as opposed to ASB personal. I think using ASB personal in relation to the OPs problem would be using it out of context and not whats its actually meant for. As you will no doubt know, harassment in one offence wording means something totally different in another. In all honesty this is not something the Police would probably want to get involved in, unless threatswere . It has Civil undertones and should be remedied as such. The trrouble with todays society is that if theres a fire thet call the fire brigade and the Police. If someone collapses they phoine ambo and the Police. If someone has a noisy party they phone the Police and if someone is sitting on their wall they phone the Police. And for everything else they phone the Police.

so true so true but we have been trained in linking asb personal and harassment to conform to corporate policy and procedure (keeping in with the ever changing world - and you get more response with ASB than harassment at the moment) and i'm the first port of call in someone reporting an incident i always want to help but like you say certain people deal with certain things...

hope lady b has enough info to assist without it getting messy
- most things can be nipped in the bud if done as soon as possible and always evidence everything - in writing is a must

so true so true but we have been trained in linking asb personal and harassment to conform to corporate policy and procedure (keeping in with the ever changing world - and you get more response with ASB than harassment at the moment) and i'm the first port of call in someone reporting an incident i always want to help but like you say certain people deal with certain things...

hope lady b has enough info to assist without it getting messy
- most things can be nipped in the bud if done as soon as possible and always evidence everything - in writing is a must

In this instance words of advice would be appropriate me thinks. What bout you?

PS im not in the Police, but i do work very very closely with them!

In this instance words of advice would be appropriate me thinks. What bout you?

PS im not in the Police, but i do work very very closely with them!

yes I think so - it needn't go too far can easily be sorted.
ah thought so, I did start off in a solicitors when I left school, then doing what I'm doing now whilst training in nails/beauty on the side - mad eh!

yes I think so - it needn't go too far can easily be sorted.
ah thought so, I did start off in a solicitors when I left school, then doing what I'm doing now whilst training in nails/beauty on the side - mad eh!
you looking to leave then?

you looking to leave then?

not sure yet - my hubby retires in 5 years and will only be 49 so I wanted to do this (always wanted to) to have the choice/freedom later on in case we have lots of holidays etc.. plus my daughter will be going into it (far more than me)

So who knows where it will lead - nice to have the choice.. hopefully, and I thought training in a few things that I love giving myself 5 yrs to get to a high standard is manageable ....

how bout you?

Quite happy doing what im doing, pays more than beauty.

yeah I love my job - plus the pension... I always hoped I could manage both... until I am fully trained I will just plod on

you have records of text messages, and FB messages, that is not only harassment but also Trolling, which has just recently had legislation go through to take legal action.

So an untrained (in lashes) therapist/hairdresser has pulled them off and her own lashes have come off and that is your fault how?

I doubt she would have a leg to stand on with coming after you. You have training/insurance and someone untrained did this, no brainer to me.

Here you can easily get an injunction to stop this sort of badmouthing talked about in the thread as easy as going to get a pint of milk almost.

Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back