academie & monu training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgobeauty

Reaction score
Sorry to ramble on again.....I just wondered if anyone has had any training through academie de beaute?

I'm looking for a skincare range and am pretty much down to Susan Molyneux and academie based on the my mobile biz's needs and my budget! (v.important)

Monu were really efficient and sent out samples and info straight away and training details - all seems very straight forward but I'm finding it hard to get info on academie.

I know they're based in france but I didn't get a response to my email and I'm not sure if there's a rep locally to ask and get info about them and their training (like where is their training?)

If anyone can help I'd be truly grateful. x:rolleyes:

Beautyguru is your 'Academie' girl...she loves the stuff and knows it very well by all I can see...

I'd drop her a quick line or 2...sure she won't mind.

Oh really - whys that? I just feel that I'm struggling to get any info from them but the product seems very popular.

I used SM at college and Its just not my cup of tea although I do love the lip cream they do.

You'd be better off contacting the Academie UK Distributors direct (tel number in link above) hths

Ah thanks - I've spoke to the beauty partnership and they're sending out info etc.

Only draw back is leeds is a long way from Kent!!

Will need a good b&b!

I did SM training in Leeds and like Juliette I found the trip over to Yorkshire a bit of a waste of time. Never heard from SM since unless I contact them

Hello:hug:

Yes,you could sy i am an Academie freak:eek::lol:

I know nothing really of Susan Molyneux,i can only comment for Academie.

For me,as a salon owner Academie has pioneered,but i was not surprised....why?

Well,it is French,has a long and respected history,over 80 years,since 1926.It was one of the first brands used in beauty schools in Paris,and has gone on the professional market since 1985.It is very big in France and even bigger in Germany:eek:....for some strange reason:lol:

It is,hands on,no machinery,holistic,hands on,and gives results time and time agian.It is not like "fluff and puff" that some brands are,as it marries science with nature....clients can and will get tingling and prickling on thier skin,and this is due to the high levels of active ingredients in the products....all academie products are labelled with the active ingredients,as well as the percentages....something that i want to see as a therapist.

The facial treatments are categorised into sections.
Hyposensible is for oily,dry and sensitive skins.I have to say for sensitivity the redness and rosacea treatment is spectacular in taking down redness,and the skin looks so more uniformed with clarity!

Hydraderm is for dehydrated skin,and contains apple water...the creme veloutee for example contains 54% apple water,and that is just one active ingredient,combined with aloe vera to retain water, stabilising the skins natural hypolipidic film,and therfore can balance oily skin,whic can suffer from dehydration also.

Acadaromes,is 100 natural,and contains essential oils,that stimulate the olfactory system,are a pleasure to use,and can target different skin types.It is also a good way to intriduce clients to Academie,and is ideal for the holistic,aswell as the beauty therapist.

Scientific sysyem is the "top drawer" system for the demanding client who is serious about ageing and contemplating going under the knife!
Wether clients want to target firmness,lack of skin tone,lines and wrinkles aswell as radiance,this system will deliver with a punch:)

There is also a glycolic,lactic and fruit acid peel,of which there are 2 strengths.This is good for pigmentation,damaged skin from the sun,skin that resembles a rhino:eek::lol:.....excellent for people who have "sinned" in the past....LOL....but SPF is so important to use if a client is embarking on a course of these...

There is also a different body treatment,Acadayspa to target body conditions,wether it be firmness,detoxifying,relaxing,and tonifying.
These treatments are unique in the respect it is very visual,and a body wrap is also included...

You really need to see a rep to demonstrate a treatment and show you more in depth Academie as a brand....i would myself come to you if i know where you live,maybe??

For me,Academie Scientifique De Beaute ticks all the boxes.
IT is professional,it is a step above high street brands,it is a pioneer in research and constantly developing...it has turned my life around,as my clientele have got results,repurchased home care,giving more profit and reaping in Success:)

You have to ask yourself what you want from the brand,as i did....i can gaurantee once clients have had a treatment,and used the home care,the results are phenomenal.

The treatments are a pleasure to perform,they are all boxed,or as we call it "unidosed",so you have that box for the client for that particular treatment,.
It will contain a specific mask,a specific peeling,and may even contain a specific "modellage",as we call it in French:green:....therefore the client will get an even greater result as the ingredients and products are for the professional treatment,and the client HAS to come to you for this.

For me Academie,raises the bar for professional beauty therapists and provides all the work and knowledge i need as a therapist for my clientele.

Reagarding training i will PM you if you need details....meanwhile have a look at these web sites
LE CONCEPT SCIENTIFIQUE DE LA BEAUTE
Academie Scientifique | HOME
:hug::hug:

Hi

I've been using Susan Molyneux products for 2 years and my experience is somewhat different to most of you.

I've been to Cheltenham for Monu and Vitru training (we use both in the salon) and am looking forward to taking on Renu. The training has been great and they have always followed it up with a phone call to check that we are getting on OK with the products.

I agree that they don't phone a lot, but i quite like that. Whoever I have dealt with at SM has made it clear that if I need any products or advice that I can ring. I prefer that to having phone calls all the time or a rep popping in; the mailshots and the website keep me informed.

I have found the monu and vitru ranges to be excellent to use and my clients are happy with them. Also the retail products come in at a reasonable price point for clients.

All in all I've found the complete SM experience to be very good and it works for me.

Regards

Vanessa

Beauty Guru, I really value your infectious enthusiasm for academie - would you be able to pm me please as you obviously have a great deal of knowledge on the product.
Many Thanks
Becky :confused:

I am quite interested in finding out more about these product lines too - just as long as they bear no resembalance to Thalgo (I detest that stuff with a passion) and as long as they are not tested on ickle fluffy animals! (or big blad ones for that matter lol)

I've had the acadamie rep out to see me, and am going to use the acad'arome range. just to let you know that if you order products in February, most things are halfprice. so I can get set up for approx £*** which would normally cost me twice.

(pm for price)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauty Guru, I really value your infectious enthusiasm for academie - would you be able to pm me please as you obviously have a great deal of knowledge on the product.
Many Thanks
Becky :confused:
Thankyou becky:)

I will PM you some more details and specifically regarding training....

I am quite interested in finding out more about these product lines too - just as long as they bear no resembalance to Thalgo (I detest that stuff with a passion) and as long as they are not tested on ickle fluffy animals! (or big blad ones for that matter lol)
In answer to your questions on both accounts....a resounding NO!!!:green:

sorry to hijack thread again beautyguru, but I went on the website to request more info, but I think it was american and there was no space for you to type in which country you live in.

Is there a contact number I could call for an info pack? xx

sorry to hijack thread again beautyguru, but I went on the website to request more info, but I think it was american and there was no space for you to type in which country you live in.

Is there a contact number I could call for an info pack? xx

There email address is [email protected]
I emailed them and they sent out lots of product samples and information.

thanks have just emailed them xxx

Could someone pm me the start up costs for academie if they dont' mind. they sound great.
thanks

The start up costs vary,if you call the distributor in the UK,they will be able to help.....

The best ranges to start with is Hyposensible range,hydraderm or scientific,and even then you can pick and choose to tailor make your individual needs.

Do not forget to include any retail products,these go hand in hand with the treatment,making your life easier as a therapist,knowing your clientele are using the correct prescribed home care,after the treatment.:hug:

I too was an avid Academie user! The products are lovely, but on the subject of training, at the time I did mine they were still under Hyperion. I paid to fly to Leeds from Southampton and stayed in a hotel for 3 days and all they did was read through the manual I could have taken the course myself! I got back to the salon and played with the products and was mostly self taught.

100% Hydraderm and Scientific were the most popular ranges in my salon. It was a nice range but we just didn't have the support. The rep didn't come out to see us in the 2 years we were an Academie salon, they were so often out of stock of the most popular products. We stocked CreativeSpa and Academie and they wouldn't give us an account after 2 years.

They are under a new distributor now so I'm sure things are different, I can only comment on the experiences I had, but that is why we stopped stocking Academie, not because it wasn't a lovely range of products.

When I took them on, the opening order was £700 but I understand it is much less now. They've always had a big stand at the shows and they give out loads of samples (unlike many companies) so my advice to anyone considering the range is have a chat with them at the show. It's a nice range, hopefully they've got their gremlins sorted out now xxxx

Latest posts

Back