Academy V College

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmx

Reaction score
Hi, i'm 22 and I'm looking for a new career move. I've been interested in becoming a hairstylist for a while, but decided to go to university instead on an art degree (dont ask!)
Now that I'm finished I want to make the move into hairdressing but i'm quite dubious about spending another 2yrs+ in education. I love in Manchester and there are a lot of Hair academies here, but I can't seem to find any reviews to find out what they are like.
My question is, is it better to spend the time at college, or spend the money at an academy? If money was no object would more people train at an academy? I'm confused lol. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Daniel :eek:

Hi, i'm 22 and I'm looking for a new career move. I've been interested in becoming a hairstylist for a while, but decided to go to university instead on an art degree (dont ask!)
Now that I'm finished I want to make the move into hairdressing but i'm quite dubious about spending another 2yrs+ in education. I love in Manchester and there are a lot of Hair academies here, but I can't seem to find any reviews to find out what they are like.
My question is, is it better to spend the time at college, or spend the money at an academy? If money was no object would more people train at an academy? I'm confused lol. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Daniel :eek:

Hi Daniel, If I were in your shoes I would do all my learning at a FE College
there should be some Colleges of Excellence around the Manchester area
You will get a fab and very realistic hairdressing education there ,

Then you could always pay for any small top up courses at private academys if you feel you have any weak points that you need to strengthen ,
thats what I did

:hug: hope this has helped

Thank minky for replying to my question, I really appreciate that.
I kind of thought that the college route probably would be better, giving more time for learning. I think if it's what I really want to do I'll bite the bullet and get back into the classrooms lol.

thankyou again
Daniel:lol:

Latest posts

Back