accentuating asian features?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasmin c

Reaction score
this might seem like an odd question, but does anyone here have any idea how I could 'fake' the look of the asian eyelid-crease? (they seem no to have one) my eyelid-crease is not overly prominen, but it is still quite visibly there. I have tried and failed to come up with a solution to this - does anyone have any ideas?

I could be wrong, but by making a crease that isn't there, would you not be making your customers eyes look unnatural. Try using some tips to accentuate asian eyes, rather than trying to make them look Caucasian.
Try here make up tips for asian eyes - Google Search
Hope it helps.:hug:

this might seem like an odd question, but does anyone here have any idea how I could 'fake' the look of the asian eyelid-crease? (they seem no to have one) my eyelid-crease is not overly prominen, but it is still quite visibly there. I have tried and failed to come up with a solution to this - does anyone have any ideas?
I think if you're trying to create the look of not having a crease in the lid, or a less pronounced one, then you would probably follow the guidelines for a deep set eye by using a darker shade of shadow above the natural crease/ socket line then highlighter under the eyebrow, that should open up the eye, can't think how you would totally get that look but hope this helps.
xx

I think I know what you're getting at.

Caucasian eyes tend to be prominent at the brow, sunk at the socket, and prominent again at the lid. A traditional socket blend would accentuate these features. You can play around with what should be highlighted and what should be shaded - i.e - someone with bulging eyes would have a darker shade on the lid, as a highlighting shade would make there eye's appear even more bulgy.

I can't imagine you will be able to get a true Asian look, and look natural with it. You could try an inverted socket blend: dark on the lids, lighter shade in the socket line, darker (though not as dark as lid shade) towards the brow bone, but don't take it all the way up to the brow. Or a colour wash: one colour taken from lash line to just under the brow, darkest at lash line getting gradually lighter (blend blend blend) as you take it upwards.

You will need to experiment big time, try it with neutral, skin and shadow shades first.

I think, with a bit of practise, you can make your eye's look more Asian, but you can't totally hide the structure of your face with makeup. Only the surgeon's knife can do that I'm afraid!

hth :green:

ahh, thankyou so much for that. i got good results with the inverted socket blend ^_^ thankyou for your help

Latest posts

Back