Accidentally used CND topcoat as a basecoat-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshpolish

Reaction score
I accidentally used topcoat as basecoat.

Luckily it was just on myself (I'm obsessed with checking before I use it on clients)

What is going to happen?! Is it dangerous?! Do I need to remove and restart?!

It won't be dangerous but it might lift. Whether you wait and see or remove and re-do is up to you. I accidentally forgot base coat on a client last week, a good friend and we were just talking too much :rolleyes: we decided to wait and see what happened but sure enough it started to lift within 2 days.

Thank you! For some reason in my head they feel weird like burning but I think it's because I know what I have done

I think I will wait and see! I only need them nice for a few days so will wait!

Did you cure the top coat for just 10 seconds?

Well the base coat (which was obviously too coat!)

Then it'll be undercured product so actually might be a good idea to remove and start again.

Then it'll be undercured product so actually might be a good idea to remove and start again.

What does that mean?

Well the top coat should be cured for 60 seconds in the LED lamp. If you only cured it for 10 seconds then it will be uncured product which can cause a reaction or allergy. Best to soak off and start again.

Ooooooh maybe why it is burning now! Soaking it off thank you xx

i used top coat once by mistake. No burning or anything noticed. The gel stayed for about 10 days before starting to lift off.
Agreed though, the comment about uncured product...

Latest posts

Back