Accidents in clients homes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
What a morning and start to the week. I do our local Mayors nails and feet regularly, she's been my client for around 7 years. This morning I dropped a bottle of red nail varnish from her table which smashed onto the side of a ceramic bowl on the floor and splattered all over her carpet. I wanted to die. Luckily I had an almost full bottle of acetone and proceeded to try and rub it off for half an hour. I was crying, it was so awful! I did manage to get 98 % of it out. :sad:

It was my own stupid fault. My mind hasn't been all there as I heard last Friday that my favourite client who I saw every week without fail died the day before. I've been really upset which probably led to the lack of concentration.

She was so good about it, she was apologising to me and feeding me chocolate!! I feel dreadful. I will get her some flowers. :o

Has anyone else ever had an accident in a client's home?

I once had acetone drip through my towel onto a client's table, which made the varnish sticky... and my towel stuck to it! When I peeled the towel away, there were fuzzy blobs on the table.

She said it was OK because she was planning on having it revarnished anyway.

I was so embarrassed and wanted the ground to swallow me up but she was really lovely about it.

She's still my client now so no hard feelings as far as I know!! xx

I am not mobile so havent had any experience of this but just had to post to say wouldn't you just know it that if you are going to ruin any ones carpet its going to be the mayors!!! Sounds like you are a fab therapist hon and I am sure that she understood!
Sorry to hear about your client passing away, I have many clients now that are more like friends and would be so upset if anything happened to them, lovely that you care so much hon xxxxxxxxxxx

I am not mobile so havent had any experience of this but just had to post to say wouldn't you just know it that if you are going to ruin any ones carpet its going to be the mayors!!! Sounds like you are a fab therapist hon and I am sure that she understood!
Sorry to hear about your client passing away, I have many clients now that are more like friends and would be so upset if anything happened to them, lovely that you care so much hon xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for your kind words.....it's what I needed to hear to get me back on track. Ive got a busy week ahead as the warm weather has finally arrived and everyone suddenly needs a pedi. And yes, it would just have to be the mayor wouldn't it! :o

Have you spoke to your insurers?

When my insurance was being sold to me u was told if I were to visit a client and ruin their carpet with oil for example, I would be covered up to £xxxxxx

Lindsey x

Aww bless you! I always worry about client's homes as I'm so clumsy.

I went to do a leg wax aswell as a set of nails last Christmas. Once i'd finished I'd took half of my things to the car and told the client I would come straight back for the rest. I walked into her kitchen, and my client was stood there with my wax pot on its SIDE! In her hands. It had its lid on so she probably didn't realise she'd done wrong and was only trying to help, but wax just glooped out everywhere! all over her kitchen floor and living room carpet. Even though I'd not done it I felt awful. I sat for ages with baby oil and flannels trying to clean up. My wax pot broke and I had to buy a new one :( xxx

Latest posts

Back