Acclaim Acid perm for tinted hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjp-183

Reaction score
Help! Client had strand test at nape of the neck. Looked great. I warned her because she colour she would have to be kind to her hair to keep it healthy. After the perm (on large rollers) her hair looked okay except for a couple of pieces around her face which were a little frizzy, but the wave was there. I gave her some JOICO k-pak samples to use to help keep the condition healthy. Today she has called and said her hair is straight but looks thicker. She is taking medication, Quatiapine and lamotragine any advice would be much appreciated ?

Quatiapine can cause hair loss, but that's the only know side effect that I can see that's hair related.
lamotrigine doesn't cause any hair issues as far as I can find...
How processed was her hair before the perm?
An acid perm is very gentle, so if her hair is only tinted I wouldn't expect it to stay.

Quatiapine can cause hair loss, but that's the only know side effect that I can see that's hair related.
lamotrigine doesn't cause any hair issues as far as I can find...
How processed was her hair before the perm?
An acid perm is very gentle, so if her hair is only tinted I wouldn't expect it to stay.
Hi, it has been bleached with streaks, base is coloured regularly with Matrix so-colour 7 BC, it was relatively healthy before the perm. I’m seeing her tomorrow, whilst she’s upset that the curl has dropped out she said it seems really thick, which implies the perm has done something? I used grey rods and she said she didn’t wash it for 3 days? I’m trying to cover all my bases before tomorrow 😕

Hi, it has been bleached with streaks, base is coloured regularly with Matrix so-colour 7 BC, it was relatively healthy before the perm. I’m seeing her tomorrow, whilst she’s upset that the curl has dropped out she said it seems really thick, which implies the perm has done something? I used grey rods and she said she didn’t wash it for 3 days? I’m trying to cover all my bases before tomorrow 😕
Can you take a cutting of the hair? I'd re test it.
I'd test 1 piece with acid perm and I'd do another with an alkaline perm for sensitive hair.

Thank you, I will do that. 🤞🤞🤞

Thank you, I will do that. 🤞🤞🤞
Only reason I suggest this, is because it doesn't sound like the hair is extremely damaged.
So my guess would be that the perm wasn't strong enough.
The thicker feeling that's she's getting is probably because the cuticle is swollen still from the perm?

Latest posts

Back