Account keeping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asipthorpe

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've recently started working for myself and have been using an account book that I bought from Sally beauty supplies, it's also available from most beauty catalogues. My salon owner who has worked for herself for 15+ years says this is making things more complicated. I was wondering if anyone here uses any other good accounting forms that I would find easier?

Any info would help me greatly, thank you x

I've seen those books and they look pretty standard for the industry.
What does your salon owner use or recommend?
At the end of the day, the taxman will want to see a record of income and expenditure, any system will do, but if it's complicated you will be less likely to fill it in daily.
Stick to a simple system that you get along with, the Sally books look ok to me.
If you are going to use an accountant to complete your year end tax returns, have a word with them, they may have standard forms that if you use, will make their job simpler (and cheaper) for you.

Good luck, but don't be misled by your salon boss, she won't be carrying the can if the taxman is on your case.

Hi, would that be the red book.
I started out with that many moons ago then found simplex d accounts book many people use.
Widely available in stationary shops/ e bay/ Viking
U can also get it on computer sounds best !
I am looking now to up grade to a software package like quick books pro ?

My salon owner uses a accounts form which appears to be pretty simple and self explanatory whereas the sallys book includes a lot that I don't use, I think I may convert to this as it makes more sense to me. Thank you for your help x

Latest posts

Back