Accountant fees

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi lovelies

Can anyone tell me what they receive when they hire an accountant please ...I've been very good and have a spread sheet. Monthly outgoings recipes in monthly order ect ect but the account has still quoted 450! I don't have anything to compare this to so I'm unaware if this is normal x

I pay £100+vat for my accountant to check over my books and complete my tax return

Same ^ £100, or maybe it's £110 plus vat.

My husband is self employed and he paid £100 for checking books and submitting on-line tax return.

I pay £240! Any one know of a good accountant in Reading then as seems it should be cheaper!

I pay £275 to just submit my return! I have everything ready for her, i even total it all up so she just imputs the data and submits. Where are finding these charging £100?

I pay £800 but there chartered.

Not sure how it works in other countries. I am in Canada. I am lucky to have a chartered accountant in the family. I run a corporate business and it can cost anywhere from $500-$1000 for the simplest returns and filing, even though I do all the bookkeeping and just hand over the spreadsheets.
I am to understand that a chartered accountant will charge more, but they also take responsibility in case of a mistake, they put their signature on all the paperwork they file on your behalf. If something isn't right, the government goes after them, not you per say.
I have done my taxes for cheap before and I have always had to sign my name to the filed paperwork.

I think chartered ones all have degrees in accountancy. My old one wasn't chartered but she literally disappeared & went off to live on a small holding.

I think chartered ones all have degrees in accountancy. My old one wasn't chartered but she literally disappeared & went off to live on a small holding.

LOL.....My last accountant did the same thing!!!:p

I do all my own book keeping, receipts in order etc, my accountant is chartered & does my tax return & is in hand for anything else I need throughout the year, I've had a bit of an issue with my NI contributions this yr & he's been an absolute legend & sorted it all & I only pay £140!

If you earn below the taxable threshold you won't need an accountant. I was quoted £500 pounds before I knew this. Makes me shudder to think I'd have paid this out of ignorance. As it happens, hmrc are very helpful in advising you how to fill the form in.

£400 but he saves me in excess of this

£200 pounds a year to fill in all my forms and submit them.
I just send in my totals and he does all the clever stuff and generally saves me money.
Peace of mind is priceless

Latest posts

Back