Accountant or self assess?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCL22

Reaction score
Hi,

1) do many of you use an Accountant your beauty business if you work yourself OR do you find it’s easy enough to use self assessment and perhaps Quickbook?

2) also am I able to claim any tax discount/advantage for the set up costs (eg equipment, decor, etc and maybe even training costs)??

Thanks

I would do something in between:
Get an accountant to set you up with a system like quickbooks or xero, showing you what you need to do on going, and giving you one off advice on what you can claim.
Then I think you’ll be ok to go it alone - but if you feel you can’t (or have better things to do than accounts) then get them to do it.

I do my own accounts but will this not effect when it comes to getting a mortgage i wonder

I do my own accounts but will this not effect when it comes to getting a mortgage i wonder

I did my husband's accounts for years, it wasn't an issue at all when we were changing mortgage provider or remortgaging, they just wanted copies of tax returns, bank statements etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back