Accounts-how many years to keep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Just a quick one ,does anyone actualy know how many years of accounts your are suppose to keep ,im in my 7th years of self employed business and have kept everything so far ,have been told different things over the years ,before I call the tax office does anyone know thanks :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I think it is 5 years. Not too sure. Id like to know though ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

6 full financial years paperwork xx

Thanks ,i know seems to be a gray area ,iv been told 3,4,5,6,7. :-/

hi there - im a trained bookkeeper - keli59 is spot on HMRC guidelines are as a general rule a minimum of 6 years - thats the reason you may get many different answers as it is all down to the individual but a minimum of 6 years is a must - i scan all receipts/tax returns/documentation for every year anyway so i keep them all in a folder on my laptop and another copy on a seperate pendrive which will allow you to keep as many as you wish, your appointment books I would keep for a minimum of 6 years and its up to yourself if you wish to keep longer, hope that helps!

hi there - im a trained bookkeeper - keli59 is spot on HMRC guidelines are as a general rule a minimum of 6 years - thats the reason you may get many different answers as it is all down to the individual but a minimum of 6 years is a must - i scan all receipts/tax returns/documentation for every year anyway so i keep them all in a folder on my laptop and another copy on a seperate pendrive which will allow you to keep as many as you wish, your appointment books I would keep for a minimum of 6 years and its up to yourself if you wish to keep longer, hope that helps!

Perfect :-D

Latest posts

Back