Acetone allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babezone

Reaction score
Ok so firstly sorry if this is a really dumb question, but......

A Lady i know wants her nails done, ( L&P ) but there is a problem, she is allergic to Acetone.

When i said that this would make it impossible to be able to soak them off she just said thats ok i will pick/bite them off:eek:

I know some people do it. She is Nail biter so i guess used to it, But my question is, Is it still safe to do a full set on her, and leave it down to her how she takes them off, or could me doing something cause her to have a reaction to something, Im just a little unsure what to do? xxx

Again sorry if its a dumb question.x

Is there any reason she won't keep them on and have refills/rebalances?

You could clip the length off and file the acrylic off then book her in for manicures after that. Also advise her to use solar oil. Hth. It's all I can think of.
Don't let her pick or bite them off!!!

Best be careful. Many prep ingredients contain Acetone, such as ScrubFresh; soak off is certainly not the only thing. I'd do a test nail if I were you.

I would first consider how she knows it is acetone that shes allergic to.
Perhaps she assumes it is acetone but theres a possibility that she is in fact allergic to something else to do with the nail process.

Look into it a little further before you decide if you can go ahead.

She told me she is awaiting a knee replacement op and as she's allergic to a kind of metal they had to run a series allergy tests she was tested against 128 different things! And she said a lot of things came back positive. And I agree this is why u thought it may be difficult as acetone is in quite a lot of things. I don't use CND, system yet. But she only said about biting them off because I said "what If I do them and you decide you don't want any more Infills after your 3rd set. Hmmmm

Latest posts

Back