Acetone free remover ruined gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo

Reaction score
Hi all I am currently wearing opi gelcolor on my nails (done by myself) and gave my friend a pedicure this evening. I used acetone free nail polish remover (by opi, the orange one) thinking it would be fine on my nails but instantly they started lifting/soaking off and now a few of them are ruined.

Was I wrong thinking that this remover wouldn't damage them? As in my gelcolor course we were told we could paint over the gels with a normal laquer and remove with acetone free remover.just like other gels.

X

Hi all I am currently wearing opi gelcolor on my nails (done by myself) and gave my friend a pedicure this evening. I used acetone free nail polish remover (by opi, the orange one) thinking it would be fine on my nails but instantly they started lifting/soaking off and now a few of them are ruined.

Was I wrong thinking that this remover wouldn't damage them? As in my gelcolor course we were told we could paint over the gels with a normal laquer and remove with acetone free remover.just like other gels.

X
It depends how long the nails are exposed to the remover. A quick removal won't do much damage if any .. But sustained exposure as in when removing anothers polish will start to soften Soak off. Gels.

Just because something is Acetone free does not mean that it is not a strong solvent in its own right.

Ah ok, thank you very much :)

Latest posts

Back