Acetone to blend tip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
Hi, at college I was taught to blend the tip firstly using acetone then blend in with a file. I used to use millenium but had problems with lifting so I swapped to NSI just at the same time a friend said that the lifting could be due to the fact I was using acetone to blend the tip.

So, I have stopped using acetone and now use NSI and have had not lifting. Great! But it was so much quicker using acetone to help blend. Can anyone advise me if my tutor was right?

Thanks x

Hi

Your friend is right, if you use acetone it will thin and lift the tip so if it doesnt lift it will break of completley. Invest in some good files.

Hi, at college I was taught to blend the tip firstly using acetone then blend in with a file. I used to use millenium but had problems with lifting so I swapped to NSI just at the same time a friend said that the lifting could be due to the fact I was using acetone to blend the tip.

So, I have stopped using acetone and now use NSI and have had not lifting. Great! But it was so much quicker using acetone to help blend. Can anyone advise me if my tutor was right?

Thanks x

Hi Christinarena

In regard to you tutor being correct it is part of the SVQ, NVQ or VTCT that the student blends the tip with the use of tip blender or actetone as this is part of the standard required then your tutor is correct.

As I also teach for Young Nails I would not advise the student to use acetone or infact a tip blender but leard to blend without or use no blend tips.

Hope this has been of help to you:hug:

When you are new to nails, blending tips is a total nightmare, it takes forever, doesn't it? And using a tip blender makes you think you have met your new best friend......

Tip blender or acetone assisted tip blending will only cost you in files and cracked tips....and service break down....learn to blend them with the file, it gets quicker the more you do, honest xxx

Thanks for your help x

one day the knack of blending will just arrive upon you when you least expect it. and you will be flying after that chick

theres a product called line out which is great.very smelly but its really fab.

theres a product called line out which is great.very smelly but its really fab.

Actually Line Out is a product that is to be used on 'fill lines' it is not for use as a tip blender.
Sorry to disagree with a newbie (welcome to the site BTW!) but I think this is an awful product IMHO.
If you have lifted product it has to be removed during your file prep, using a product like like this to basically 'glue' it back down with Line Out before applying new product, is just asking for a bacterial infection (greenie) to occur.

As I said though it is not a tip blender....and we don't want to go way off topic.

Yn's tips blend very easy. It takes a sec but once you get the hang of it you can blend a tip pretty quick and easy.

Just keep at it y'ull get it.

Hi Becca Boo,

where do you get Yn tips ?

Kazpott

Latest posts

Back