Achieving 100% bonding on individual lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookiee.x

Reaction score
Hello :)
I'm relatively new to this site, and i'm after some advice about bonding problems with individual lash extensions. I'd been doing my own lash extensions for about a year (was never able to get the strong glue though obviously)
I finally decided to complete a training course, so i could do them for other people, about 2 months ago and for the past month I have been having some problems with clients saying their lashes aren't lasting longer than 1 week.

At first i thought it was bad glue; as i was using the one provided by the training company which has a long setting time so you can change the position of the lash whilst your still a rookie. (can't remember the name of the glue but when i looked online it was a cheap one with bad reviews)

After reading reviews i purchased the Marvel Lash sensitive individual lash glue, the wholesaler i use had just sold out of the regular one but assured me the sensitive one was just as strong.

I tested the glue on myself and it was obvious this was much stronger as it was sticking to the lash pads instantly, where as the previous one meant the lashes could be pulled off very easily even after it had set.

Yet a client who i recently used this glue on said after 8 days she woke up and a large amount were on her pillow and that the rest "simply dropped off" during the day. =(

I'm ensuring the lashes are clean and free from makeup/oils; I use Lash FX primer before any application, and allow plenty of time during isolation to make sure no lashes are clumping together.

Is it something i am doing, or is it the glue? Or could it possibly be the clients not heading the aftercare guidelines? Has anyone got any tips for long lasting strong bonds? As they should obviously be lasting longer than 7 days!

Latest posts

Back