Acne in another country

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lori Nestore

Reaction score
Hey All, just got back from a week in Viet Nam teaching skin care techniques and treatments. I have to say I have NEVER seen such acne in such large amounts. All first generation. It was amazing and a learning experience for sure. For those of us who have been doing advanced skin care treatments (I am speaking of the UK and US and some other countries) it was interesting to meet with clients, do an in-depth consultation and see what has been done in the way of treatments to date. I do think I have a handle on the cause, but would need to work there for a few months to be sure.

Just sharing!

Good link. According to that data, it only occured in the 50's and this is on the face and back like traditional acne. Non of their parents have it which is why I call it first generation. My take is the dirt and pollution in the air and iron in the water. It has only been in the last 15 plus years that the method of transportation moved from non-exhaust generating methods and now everybody rides small scooters or motorcycles.

I will be going back to teach so I will learn more as I go, but the faces I saw had been so abused in treatment! ow. It was pretty rewarding to do a beautiful acne treatment that left the client with a face that felt and looked better than it had for a long time. Most of their faces actually hurt and because skin care treatments are new, the treatments had been agressive in an unnecessary way.

I was wondering though if they are factory workers that suffer more due to certain chemical processes that cause the same affect? I suppose though these wouldn't necessarily be the ones that could afford a facial treatment. I have friends who live in China and the air there is thick with ash due to the high levels of pollution. I am sure there are a lot of non regulated treatments people experiment with-scary! It's so rewarding to be able to help people with their skin it can really affect your confidence (I had bad Acne for at least 13 years!):hug:

I am no expert but I thought acne was hormone related?

How Interesting! My brother ( a white boy) is married to a Viet girl; she was born here and had bad acne. I wasn't sure what her problem was (her sisters have bad skin too) but further investigation revealed no one was using a good skin care SYSTEM (I'm big on systems). I made sure she had a complete facial with extractions and her complexion looks a lot better. She eats like a bird and worries a lot and I've always said that worry, doubt and fear never did anything positive for anyone! oxo
Hugs,
Kelly

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back