acne in young people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlepinkfairy

Reaction score
i have had a couple of clients asking me about thier sons' skin. the boys are both 17/18 and suffer with acne, they wanted to know what would the best treatment for thier skin would be. one of the boys is on medication from the doctors but this doesn't seem to be helping. i wasn't sure if there is anything they can do, apart from a regular skincare routine at home to control it, until the boys grow out of puberty and thier hormones settle down. Anybody got any advice?

I know some teenagers who have fantastic results with Nimue products.

Really Kimmi, my daughter has acne and the cream from the docs is doing no good, what products exactly?

sorry but i would just say stick with the docs ..
i have tried a few different things before i saw an improvement
i used a cream once a few years ago that sort of burned the top layers of my skin ,it all peeled and my face was bright red .yet i still had all the acne still ..my sister used exactly the same ointment and had fantastic results .
i was refered to a dermatoligist too at one point and he told me my skin wasnt bad enough :eek: (yeah thanks dermo man)

at the moment i am using a topical solution called zineryt and its fantastic (for me)
i have been using this for a few years now , i have to use it every day for 6 months even if my skin clears up during this time ..and then go back the docs ..
although im not always a good girl , i was at first ,whereas now ,i use it till my skin clears ,then usually go back when it flairs up again ! (latley its more frequent)
regular cleanse tone and moisurise ..as soon as i stop this my skin flares again..i also use dove exfoliating soap.

its just a matter of perseverence and finding the right course of treatment..

Dermalogica anti bac skin wash and medicated clearing gel works really well.

Dermalogica anti bac skin wash and medicated clearing gel works really well.

I agree tht this is a wonderful product... but just a bit of caution... you cannot use either of these if the person is already on some sort of acne medication that is given them by their doctor.

Really Kimmi, my daughter has acne and the cream from the docs is doing no good, what products exactly?
We've had some of the worst cases of acne I've seen................I won't go into details but I'm sure you can guess what they looked like. They had regular Nimue facials with peels and used the Purifier for problematic skin.

Do you know any geeks that could get it for you cost as it really isn't expensive, but to go to a salon will cost a fortune.

PM me if you want me to be more specific on the treatment. It really has fantastic results. x

Acne is a nightmare to treat you often find that something starts to work and then suddenly stops again.My view is if there is scarring they need to be seeing the doctor using what they give them and possibly even being on anti biotics awful as it is sometimes the only way. Acne scars are for life.
If the acne isnt that severe then trying different products is the way to go and working on recommendation you may have to try different things as what works for one wont necessarily work for someone else.
My daughter has australian bodycare a tea tree range and that works well for her although she hasnt got acne.
They do a wash which can be used on face and body also other products and especially for problem skin something called ketsugo.

I second the Australian bodycare range - the products are brilliant. It will never clear 100% but there will be a great improvement - its reasonably priced. I recc the skin wash, the active face cream, the spot stick. Ketsugo is pretty amazing it controls the amount of sebum produced in the skin. It is available in a spray or gel (for hard to reach areas) and also as a facial wash and moisturiser. ~Worth a try.

I think it depends on the severity of the spots. Are they small whiteheads here & there or are they virtually covering the entire face ? Or are they like boils, quite hard and last for weeks ?

I had to have roaccutene as after 4 years the products & medication i tried only had short term effects.

Product wise Matis, Decleor & Ketsugo all worked for me. The best product was the Matis Purifying Serum it literally erased all of my spots over 3 days & they didn't come back for about 8 months. It costs about £27 but lasts for ages as you only need to apply it once a day under moisturiser.

brilliant, thanx guys ur advice has really helped! xxx:)

Latest posts

Back