Acry-gel problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bespoke Nails

Reaction score
Hi to you all, think this site is great so hopefully i can find some good advice to my problems.

Just set up my own business although i did my itech course 2 yrs ago. Thought i would steer away from acrylic as the odour lingers in my room and thats not good when i am doing manicures and pedicures. So i decided to go on a course for Acrygel. Easy to apply and has the strength of an acyrlic etc... But am having consitant problems with it, it was so nice to find this site and see that others out there are having the exact same problem (so it wasnt me afterall lol) LIFTING, thats the problem. Now i am unsure what to do, whether to carry on using it or find something else. I have read the comments about the nail prep and i promise you i have followed this procedure through thoroughly. My other question is this - to all of you out there that use it and like it, are you using drills to dehydrate the nail plate? I have never used drills and it goes against everything we have been taught plus i dont like what they are done to my nails when a nail tech has used them. I am in a real dilema here, i have lost clients due to the lifting which has been very upsetting as i work in a small town and the last thing i need is a bad repuation for nails not staying on plus as i have only been set up since august its made me feel that i am no good at nails.

Any help and advice would be welcome

Jacqui :)

hi,i use acrygel, i dont use drills, can u tell me your step by step nail prep as i may be able to help? or try giving ur trainer a call, they will be able to give you advice.
Hth
xx

Thanks Luara for your reply. After tip application i would buff over the nail and tip with a 240 sponge buffer, then i would brush of the dust and then use the sterilizer and wipe the nail and tip. i would then use the primer and begin the application. i have spoken with a few suppliers today who used to stock the acrygel but have stopped now cause their clients were not happy with the product and stopped buying it. it could just be a case of a bad batch but to be honest i have no way of knowing and wont use the product anymore as i cant risk more problems with clients. i did call michelle porter's, where i did my training and bought my products but she said they had not had any problems with the acrygel but not all people find it suitable. To be honest if their orders from other outlets have dropped then i would question what they said to me, whilst their customer service is very good and they are a friendly bunch some things dont add up so i will steer clear for now on their gels.

J x :)

Hi Jacqui

I quite often use Acrygel and love it!! The only problems I've had with it is the heat spikes, however I think I have more or less combatted that problem now.

I also find they can be difficult to buff down when infilling, they certainly don't soak off, even though Michelle Porter staff said it does. I use LCN buff off gel too and actually experience more lifting with this product (it also costs more than double that of the acrygel!!!!!)

I have had NO lifting what so ever, are using a certain type of cuticle oil??
Is your lamp Ok

Caroline

Hi Caroline, thanks for replying. i just use michelle porter cuticle oil, and my lamp is new. i bought the same lamp that they used on the training day. The problem i think with the supplier is even the instructions given are incorrect so i dont have much confidence in the product anymore, plus their training varies from class to class it seems, its all to conflicting. It could well be a bad batch but there is no way of knowing. The only thing i can do i suppose it to try it on myself, on the training course we had to apply on each other and my nails were fine, so who knows whats going on lol.

J :)

Hi Jacqui,
I would give them a quick ring and also have a chat with them about the other suppliers. they are very good with troubleshooting and will help you.
x

Hi, I have been using AcryGel for about 3 years now, and i love the product. I find it best not to use a primer and just use CND scrubfresh as a cleanser before applying product. I always precure outside the lamp to stop heat spikes. I dont use the white gel as i find this is too thick. I use NSI paint on french white and sandwich the product. Hope this helps.

Hi Caroline, thanks for replying. i just use michelle porter cuticle oil, and my lamp is new. i bought the same lamp that they used on the training day. The problem i think with the supplier is even the instructions given are incorrect so i dont have much confidence in the product anymore, plus their training varies from class to class it seems, its all to conflicting. It could well be a bad batch but there is no way of knowing. The only thing i can do i suppose it to try it on myself, on the training course we had to apply on each other and my nails were fine, so who knows whats going on lol.

J :)

i have used acrygel before and had some lifting so i started using a layer of calgel first then the acrygel, i know slap wrist for mixing my products but it worked, no lifting !

i dont use it anymore as i like a soak off and as it has already been said it doesnt soak x

Latest posts

Back