Acrygel Problems !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie80

Reaction score
Morning Ladies

I am really struggling with Acrygel at the moment and Im just not sure where I am going wrong.

Ive done 3 Ladies in the last wk and so far 2 ladies have said that the nails just peeled off???

All 3 of the Ladies wanted white tips, and then clear acrygel over the tops. So here is what I have done.

Sanitize hands
Cuticle work
filed nail to shape so all even
remove shine from nail
dehydrate and sanitze nails
attach white tips
Remove shine from tips
remove dust spray with sanitizer again
apply the acrygel

The 1st layer I cure for 2 mins
The 2nd layer I cure for 3 mins

Remove the sticky residue then apply a UV top coat and cure for the final 2 mins.

I thought I was doing it all ok but one lady said her nails peeled off after 9 days?? The other lady said they were all peeling after 4 days and had to go and have them removed and a set of gels applied as she had a wedding.

I havent heard from the 3rd lady yet so I cant comment.

I know the brush wasnt contaminated as well as Id forgotten my brush when I went to do them mobile and had to stop off and buy a new one from my local Nail warehouse.

Any Ideas as this has really knocked my confidence now, I do acrylic as well and Im doing the CND Conversion next wk so I will stick to that and not do acrygel if I cant sort this problem out.

Thanks ladies x x

Hi Jo
Did you use the primer first? I have used acrygel and found similar problems at first. tbh Ive changed over to Brisa after taking the course with CND and I've found it lasts much longer with no lifting xxx

Hi Dot

Yes I forgot to put in the list of what I did that I did use primer, I used the primer pen that I got from Michelle Porter and i did this before I applied to acrygel, I did put it on and leave it a few minutes to dry as well.

So confused, its really knocked my confidence now as you know.

did you scrub the nails with your sanitizer/prep or just spray it on?

Hi

I sprayed it on and then used a wipe to scrub it off??

spray it on your wipe and make sure you use plenty and scrub until it squeaks you might not be cleaning the nail thoroughly enough, and also do u use a cuticle remover? x

Hi Ellie

Ok I will try this next time instead of spraying direct onto nail, and no I dont use a cuticle cream i push back and trim ??

Thanks for your help

Jo

Hi

I've used acrygel for a while now and find it ok, I don't have problems with it but if I do get any repairs in it's because small parts have chipped off when a client has caught a nail on somthing... Acrygel is a hard gel and so I can't understand how it peels off the nail? This isn't possible. It would only do this if you don't mix the gel with the powder.

Your steps look pretty good, I've used acrygel and I always cure for 3 full minutes every layer unless I end by topping it with a different UV Gel Top Coat that only takes 2 mins. to cure - go to starnail.com, then under demo's and techniques there is a pdf for acrygel with exact instructions. Hth!

I introduced Acrygel to my salon 18 months ago and it has been very successful. The only thing I did differently when after applying the white tips, was to put a coat of pink on, then cure, then a coat of clear on top, then cure. I found the pink a thicker consistency then the clear and the clients love it too. They never lifted either. Give Michelle Porter a ring if you have any problems, I found them to be extremely helpful.

Latest posts

Back