Acrylic aaaah!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, cant believe i havent been on for 2 days and there is soo much to read anyway ill get bac to my thread now... well did my first set of acrylics, pink and whites, last nite and oh my god they looked awful but my main probs are (smile lines but wont even go there lol) but had air bubbles which i just did a search on and once i had finished they had scratch marks on them obvisouly from filing (well i think so anyway) so not sure if its the way ive been taught or obviously the way im doing them has anyone else experienced this prob before or am i alone? x :sad:

Oh Kells you are so not alone on this hunny :( . As far as scratches are concerned, did you finish with the 240 grit then the white block? It is essential to finish with white coz it takes all the little scratches out. Did the search answer your problem on air bubbles? If not, ask again and i'll try to help ya out. Dont worry love, we'll all have a chat about L&P tomorrow nite ;)

Hiya Kelly,
Well when dipping your brush in Monomer make sure you press your brush hard against the dampen dish , this will remove any air bubbles from your brush. Also press each bead down firmly to the nail to expel any trapped air.
We have all had these problems at first your not alone babe :)

Hi Kelly,

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you hun. Smile lines look more like wobbly lines when I do them. Im also having problems with applying at the cuticle area, its either too little and I end up filing it away omg, or too much and get air bubbles and lifting. I just did a full set tonight although I cheated and used white tips, cant do that in a week though I've got my exam so looks like I'll be practicising lots more. So if anyone has any tips out there can you pass them my way aswell please, I'm in need too unfortunately.

Don't forget to go to GMG's tutorial... Million Dollar Smiles.........

it's great for help with making your sad smiles turn happy! :green:

Hi guys thanks for your responses all the things you said are exactly what i have done wrong:o didnt press my brush down in the monomer and didnt use the white block to buff so now i know and learnt that Saturday nite (as couldnt get onto see your replies) i will keep practicing, as it is my friend just emailed me saying she likes them but can see the air bubbles when she comes for a rebalance how can i get rid of the air bubbles????

I found that I had a problem with air bubbles when I sort of nudged my brush through the powder to get the bead as opposed to drawing a line in the powder.

When I went back to drawing a line the problem was solved.

Hope this makes sense!

Depends on how you pick up your bead as to why you've got bubbles. I was getting bubbles and it was because i use to do a circular motion to pick up my bead which causes bubbles. The other reason is if you pat too hard rather than press firmly you will put air into the acrylic. The only way to get rid of these is to use a 180 grit to file it down, finish with a 240 to smooth it then your white block as Carole said, then just reapply the pink.

Kels you can always pop round to just practise, or i could come to you to help you out and do some more like we did on saturday. Since changing to EZ Flow i've recently done the best nails ever, no air bubbles, good smiles, so it could be what you're using. Let me know Kells always here to help matey.

sawasdee ka

This web site has very very good tutorials www.hooked-on-nails.com it is the web site of marti preuss look up every thing it is very good for knowledge the link acrylic application and acrylic maintainece is very very good .

Mui

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies but i have established as to why i am getting air bubbles however when my friend comes back for a rebalance do i just file down and then buff with my white block will this get rid of the original air bubbles, as she said eysterday she can see the air bubbles? x

Latest posts

Back