Acrylic and gel used together

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
hi geeks,
i was snooping around on FB y'day and came across an aussie nail tech .

beautiful nails in her photo's and she had done some of them in step by step.

she laid down acrylic on the bed of the nail but proceeded to do the rest of the extension with gel.

any ideas on why would this be done?

why would you not just do the whole lot in either/or ?

any thoughts?

Never heard of this one!!!??? The only gel product i use when doing an acrylic extension is the final UV finish shine coat as i find buffing the acrylic does not stay as shiny and buffing is tedious to me personally. Hope someone comes along with a good answer aoon im very interested. X

I use acrylic with nsi glaze and go top coat which is cured, but recently I've bought the nsi balance colour gel to apply over the acrylic, I got the idea from nail angel which is a website for techs that use nsi hey have videos of demonstrations. Could it maybe be something similar to this? x

Its not uncommon in my experience, ive seen quite a lot of experienced techs use this method.

I have a client who i do tips in l.p acrylic and complete the rest of the nail in gel. If i do all gel, she chips the tips, if i do all acrylic she gets lifting.
She needs the flexibility of the gel on the nailbed area.

On my own nails i often do an underlayer in l.p acrylic and build the structure with gel.

I find the gel easier to apply with my left hand and i dont have to hurry to get the shape right as it will only set once im satisfied.
This means that i dont have a lot of filing to do.
Additionally gel files much more easily than l.p acrylic so its a faster finishing job.

Also gel sets with even more clarity than clear l.p acrylic so if you are doing a design nail its very easy to complete the fancy stuff with l.p and then build the structure with gel for a really eye popping result.

thanks girls for replying .

hmm that's interesting angelfingers

that's great to know actually. thanks for that.

i must have a play around on my own nails and see what they wear like.

Latest posts

Back