Acrylic And Shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelli-marie

Reaction score
Hey geeks.
Just wondering if you could help me.
Does anyone now how to make a set of acrylic shine.
When i have applied the acrylic and cured it then buffed, applied oil and buffed to a high shine they look nice. once the oil has worn of they still look nice but havent got a nice shine to them like gel, is this me or is it just acrylic.
Hope this makes sence.

L&P does shine!! It is a common problem when first starting - i know coz i used to have the same problem!! If the product isnt buffed enough ie. smooth then it wont shine and also are you using white block to finish? What L&P system are you using? I have to say that since changing to a different L&P from the one i trained with, my shine is much much better.

I use my 180 file to refine then a really good buff and smooth with a 240 grit file then I use my white block or my koala for ages to really really smooth then wipe with scrub fresh, dehydrator etc then buff with a 3 way buffer this makes them really glossy for me....hope this helps

See im new to all this what is L&P.
Perhaps im not buffing enough, i will keep on trying,but any info would be great.
thanks.

kelli-marie said:
See im new to all this what is L&P.
Perhaps im not buffing enough, i will keep on trying,but any info would be great.
thanks.
L&P is liquid and powder - acrylic!
A good 3-way buffer is the Girlfriend (Creative/Designer Nails), Is it Wet by NSI or Miracle Shine by Odyssey (ONS).
hope that helps

PS rememeber if you dont get the bigger scratches out first you will never get a super dooper shine no matter how good the final buffer being used ...

I use various grits first to really smooth the nail (180-240) Then go over the whole nail with my white block. A spot of scrubfresh wiped over the grey side of my girlfriend buffer ;) And buff like mad for a glass like finish.

Once i have done all my buffin with koala change to g/f when about to use 1200 side i wipe the buffer with scrubfresh u can feel it pullin on the nail n u get a great shine hth

I love my NSI 3 way buffer!! Makes em shiney all the time!

Sam XX

i also wipe my 3 way buffer over with scrubfresh to get it clean so it gets a better shine ,

Another buffer that gives a super duper shine is Ezflow's Pro Shiner.

Star nails do a buffer called a Reflector, it works realy well on acrylic and natural nails.....and its smells of Strawberries...mmmm

I use the "Lil' Whistler" 3 way buffer - it shines boootifully and is triangular so it's dead easy to hold and doesn't give you RSI!

Looby:green:

have to say i agree with Caz, EZ Flow's Pro Shiner is excellent with the least amount of effort, and it lasts.

The best shine I've ever found comes from using the EZ Flow Snow Monkey (chamois buffer) with Miracle Shine (a buffing compound for real or artificial nails) ! The buffer goes on for ever.

kelli-marie said:
Hey geeks.
Just wondering if you could help me.
Does anyone now how to make a set of acrylic shine.
When i have applied the acrylic and cured it then buffed, applied oil and buffed to a high shine they look nice. once the oil has worn of they still look nice but havent got a nice shine to them like gel, is this me or is it just acrylic.
Hope this makes sence.
You are on the right track, try dropping grits gradually, and dusting between each abrasive. The dust particles that are left on the surface can actually cause more scratches, and that is what you are trying to remove to get that glass like finish. Removing the dust between each grit and making sure that your abrasive is free of dust as you use it will give get your finish so smooth it will almost blind you:cool: . For your finish buffing a Girlfriend(CND) and solar oil will help "float" the dust, but you still will want to dust between each step of the 3-way. This will give you a "competition" finish that you won't believe.:)

Latest posts

Back