Acrylic application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaylou96

Reaction score
Hi all I’m new to this! I have just passed my nail tech diploma and am practicing so much but just can’t seem to get the acrylic right.

I have a few questions sorry if I bombard you all I’m so determined to get this right.

I am currently using NSI I can’t seem to get the cuticle area right therefore I seem to be messing the whole nail up by making it too chunky. Help!

Is it easier to use a smaller brush as I’m using a number 8 and if so can anyone advise a decent brush and where to buy (currently using salon services brush)

Is there a Product easier to use than NSI?

I was taught to work from the free edge up to the cuticle however due to not being able to get the cuticle right have tried working the opposite way and am really struggling.

I no it takes time to get this right but feeling like I’m never gonna be able to do this.

Never used NSI but it might be useful to watch someone do it so that you can see how it is done. Have you watched the tutorial by Kirsty Meakin from Naio Nails on how she does her own acrylics (formerly from Essential Nails)?

Thank you I will watch this , I have just ordered a trial kit from CJP as I’ve read it’s a good system to work with.

Watch this brilliant video by Greg Salo of Young Nails. Follow his technique and you’ll never have problems again :)

I have always used Premium Nail brand products, and love them. But I also think you should watch Naio nails, Kirsty is a rock star and she will teach you so much. I’ve been in the business for 12 years and she has still taught me so much. Their nail products are also top of the line! Good luck, keep your head up!!

thank you I will give her a watch. Determined to get this right but it’s so frustrating when it goes wrong.

Watch this brilliant video by Greg Salo of Young Nails. Follow his technique and you’ll never have problems again :)

Thank you. Wow what a fab video gonna give this a go and hopefully get this right.

Nsi sets quick so you wont have a chance to play around hence the bulky ness

You could try a size 6 but then youll proberbly use a lot of little beads (doesnt mean application will be better but it might)

CJP you work with a lot drier so if youre someone who works quite dry it could be the one for you.

Im loving Naio nails at the mo. As ive finally got the ratio right. Nsi ive only just sussed it out it aint easy for a begginer with nsi imo, there also aint much colour choice in nsi. Cjp i didnt get on well with as i cant get the ratio right but id love to go back to it in the future. Just my experience.

But id reccomend you play around with different systems. You will evemtually get the hang. Good luck

I have done a set tonight, took me 3 hours they aren’t perfect but I feel a little better. Just gotta keep on at it.

Latest posts

Back