Acrylic bead pick up technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophii

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just passed my final assessment for Level 3 diploma in nail technology. I trained through posh nails and our tutor trained us to pick up an acrylic bead by changing the amount of monomer we wipe off the brush e.g. Wipe one side for a large bead or both sides for a small bead. We were then told to hold the brush lightly into the acrylic power for 5 seconds.

However...

As I am trying to practise more and become more confident I have used YouTube and found an alternative technique...

This involves wiping only one side, then dragging the brush in the powder for either a long, medium or small stroke, depending on the desired size of bead.

My question is what do you professionals find works best? I find sometimes my acrylic beads harden quickly which makes it very difficult to pat into shape and quickly becomes bulky, even when I am only wiping one side of the brush to make it wetter.

Do whatever works for you provided you are picking up the correct ratio for your chosen product. Too wet and you will get cracking, breaking and the product will be brittle. Too dry and you'll end up with similar issues, and bubbles, etc. Most tech's find their own 'way' after training and during the practise phase. Your tutor would have taught you the best way for your brand based on their teaching and brand experience, but not everyone sticks with that way.

If your beads are hardening too quickly, you are potentially working too dry, or you just need to work faster, or use smaller beads. The speed will come with practise. I remember in training barely putting the bead down and it was suddenly set, now after 15 years I'm waiting for it to set enough to move it into place. It's all about practise.

Hi,

I've just passed my final assessment for Level 3 diploma in nail technology. I trained through posh nails and our tutor trained us to pick up an acrylic bead by changing the amount of monomer we wipe off the brush e.g. Wipe one side for a large bead or both sides for a small bead. We were then told to hold the brush lightly into the acrylic power for 5 seconds.

However...

As I am trying to practise more and become more confident I have used YouTube and found an alternative technique...

This involves wiping only one side, then dragging the brush in the powder for either a long, medium or small stroke, depending on the desired size of bead.

My question is what do you professionals find works best? I find sometimes my acrylic beads harden quickly which makes it very difficult to pat into shape and quickly becomes bulky, even when I am only wiping one side of the brush to make it wetter.
To do this method, you need to wipe one side lightly then drag for three seconds through the powder. The angle of the brush determines how big the bead will be. I think kirsty uploaded a video on naio nails you tube not long ago showing in detail how to do it xx

To do this method, you need to wipe one side lightly then drag for three seconds through the powder. The angle of the brush determines how big the bead will be. I think kirsty uploaded a video on naio nails you tube not long ago showing in detail how to do it xx

Yes I think that's the video that I viewed, thank you!

Latest posts

Back