Acrylic brush different brand to liquid/powder - does it matter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmelissa

Reaction score
I've only ever used the acrylic brush I trained with but it needs replacing. I've searched for recommendations for the best brush and keep hearing how good the CND #10 is. I am currently using Glitterbels products - does it really matter if I use a brush from a different brand? I wouldn't have even thought to ask this but I saw advice somewhere to stick with the brushes from the brand you're using. I wondered why it would make a difference.

No it makes no actual difference. Some brands find it easier to troubleshoot any issues you have if you use their brushes as they know specifically how they behave and what they should look like when full of monomer, etc. They can't do that with all brands of brushes, but it's not essential. Personally I like a short brush, long handles bash on my big boobs 😆

Some peope like a big brush some like smaller, it's easier using smaller when you are new and training, it makes smaller beads that are less likely to cure too quickly.

It is best however to have only one brush per brand of monomer, you can get yellowing if you swap between brands with the same brush. I trained with CND when they had 3/4 monomers and I had a different brush for each one as you could get yellowing.

Using a different brand of brush won't affect the chemistry (as mixing brands of polymer and monomer would), but nonetheless the brush is still as much part of a system as the tyres on your car. So if you want to get the best performance, stick with a single brand for all the system components. Step outside of this philosophy and you are doing stuff the brand and brand testers didn't expect or plan for.

Thank you very much for your replies.

Latest posts

Back