Acrylic Brush - Need Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gettin Nailed

Reaction score
Hi Ya all, I'm fairly new to this site, but am finding it absolutely wonderful!!!!! But, I need help with using an acrylic brush. Think this may be best for the Aussie Tech's to give me advise on products for purchase reasons.

During my training I had used the Creative pro styler #8 but never felt comfy with it and have played with various brands since then (mainly cheapies) and still have had a struggle. Am very interested in the brush that Young Nails use in the reverse vid. Long thin pointed style.

Could other techs please supply me advise on what brand of brush they use, particularly for the use of doing the perm french.

Hi karen, lucky you being on the sunshine coast:green:
I can only help you with the last bit (hopefully). I use the prostyler and find if i work as wet as i can safely get away with for zone 1 and use a corner of the brush for tidying up the smile, this helps alot.

I use brushes from ABS, the floral handled range, they are very reasonably priced and are a very good quality brush.
brushes.jpg

They can be used flatter or brought to a point.
American Beauty

I think that if you are a beginner don't buy anything expensive

because as i know (from my students example) they always have some problems with the proportion so they get their brushes stick with acrylic

cnd masterseries brush may be expensive but it has a replacement head so even if you ruin the brush you will not have to pay for a new brush just for a head which is less expensive

sorry for not helping you with YN brush but I have never worked with it :)

I think the Young Nails brush that you are refering to is the artistic sculpture brush, its pointed at the end. I use both products Youngs and CND, I like both brushes the Youngs sculpture and CND's Prostyler. When I first started I was tempted to try brush after brush but you can end up spending a fortune!

I think the Young Nails brush that you are refering to is the artistic sculpture brush, its pointed at the end. I use both products Youngs and CND, I like both brushes the Youngs sculpture and CND's Prostyler. When I first started I was tempted to try brush after brush but you can end up spending a fortune!

Hi ya all thanx for your input.... I really do appreciate it......

Nail Frenzy I certainly know what u mean with costing a fortune in finding a brush that you are comfy with. If you don't mind could you let me know who you find the YN brush..... Yeah, it is the pointy one, could you let me know how you would rate it..... I am finding it best to go by referrals on various prodcuts than trial and error & I understand that each brush at the end of the day all goes down to personal choice. Thanx for your help.......

Its excellent for the mix ratio for Youngs L&P. I like how you can flatten it when you are patting etc and then it goes back into a really nice point when you are tidying up your smile lines or creating any art work. I rate it highly and will definitely get another when this one has seen better days!

HTH

Cheers Matey.....

I really appreciate your honesty. By the way they demonstrate the use of the brush in the vid, shows that it is a comfy, versatile tool. And for the cost it is quite cheap considering some prices that I have received for quality brushes. I some how have a struggle with fatter base brushes. So once again thank u.

A good brush does need to be tapered and flattened so that you can brush softly with it and just smooth rather than moving the product around once you have pressed it into place. BUT a good brush also has to have enough 'oomph' or 'snap' (for want of a better word) to be able to press firmly. It is a combination that is essential.

Many students do 'not get on' with their first brush and the CND Prostyler is in my opinion (and gazillions of others) one of the very best around. It has the perfect combination of the 2 qualities above. they arrive perfect and I never have to alter them in any way.

Cheap brushes do not normally aid you in learning to effectively use a brush and I personally think it is a mistake to use them as they just hamper your development.

If you can find a brush that has the qualities above and it is cheap as well ... PERFECT! But the 2 things do not usually go together.

thats why I think masterseries brushes are best fo beginners

at first sight expensive but the idea with replaced head is just a perfect sollution

I started off with the CND pro styler and now I'm giving their sculpting brush a try. Both are excellent, but I think that <for me> the sculpter has the edge, :)

im very interesting in buying the floral/flatter brushes, im from u.k can i buy it on the site or not? is there a distrubutor here in the u.k?

please let me know

regards
Presh

I use brushes from ABS, the floral handled range, they are very reasonably priced and are a very good quality brush.
brushes.jpg

They can be used flatter or brought to a point.
American Beauty

Latest posts

Back