Acrylic clients to hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNerds

Reaction score
I'm finding that every client I get that is so used to acrylic either from a professional or NSS salons just can't keep hard gel on. Yet clients that haven't had nails on for years or don't have any enhancements are fine?
All I can think is that nails are really damaged underneath? Or that they are to used to acrylics as it been told acrylics are harder wearing?

I currently use Nsi balance gel and I'm going to be doing a conversion course soon. Any suggestions
Thanks in advance x

For eg, I did hers on Wednesday and I've already replaced two and need to fix another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 180
I really think people who have had NSS acrylics batter there nails without even realising it. They're so used to them being concrete that they assume everything will be this strong.... If only they knew.... Xx

The girl if posted the picture of she went to a friend of hers a local girl who really did do awful nails there was never an apex if anything the apex slumped in, she got fed up wanted a quick set and went back to an NSS salon. She's picked her acrylics off in the past so I'm presuming there's a lot of damage underneath too.

It's not just her though, I just can't seem to convert people?

Most people that have acrylics go to NSS places so do have severely weakened and damaged nails. That will mean keeping any other product on will be hard as there's not much to support the enhancement. They may be better letting their nails grow out first but I know it's hard to encourage people to do this.
Also if they are used to using their nails as tools, cleaning and washing up without gloves, using no cuticle oil and just treating them badly because you often can with NSS made nails they won't be taking care of nails that need the care.

Most people that have acrylics go to NSS places so do have severely weakened and damaged nails. That will mean keeping any other product on will be hard as there's not much to support the enhancement. They may be better letting their nails grow out first but I know it's hard to encourage people to do this.
Also if they are used to using their nails as tools, cleaning and washing up without gloves, using no cuticle oil and just treating them badly because you often can with NSS made nails they won't be taking care of nails that need the care.

And this is where products like RescueRXx or IBX come in - IBX is used by nail pros only and works repairing the natural nail from inside the nail plate. RescueRXx is also a pro product that can be retailed and mends Keratin and re-bonds the nail plate layers. Best to get them using something like this to repair nail plate damage BEFORE you apply another set - it's like building a house on sand - you need good FOUNDATIONS to build a great house otherwise it will fall down; you need great nail plates to create great enhancements. Get the nail plates in order and enhancements will follow!

And this is where products like RescueRXx or IBX come in - IBX is used by nail pros only and works repairing the natural nail from inside the nail plate. RescueRXx is also a pro product that can be retailed and mends Keratin and re-bonds the nail plate layers. Best to get them using something like this to repair nail plate damage BEFORE you apply another set - it's like building a house on sand - you need good FOUNDATIONS to build a great house otherwise it will fall down; you need great nail plates to create great enhancements. Get the nail plates in order and enhancements will follow!

Yes very true. Those products are fab!
It's just convincing clients who want super long indestructible nails now or expect gel polish to lasts 3-4 weeks on their paper like nails.That's the issue [emoji17]. They don't want to use products at home and pay for extras. Argh! I know we need to explain to them thoroughly, it gets through to some people at least!

thank you for your replies ladies.

I never thought about using them products first! I will look into them, it makes perfect sense about what you are saying.
Maybe it might be worth putting some sort of programme together for clients that are willing to go through the process. The trouble is the majority of clears can't be bothered waiting, they want it there and then xx

Hi, I am a nail newbie and I am doing my Beginners Brisa Gel Course through S2 in 2.5 weeks! I'm really excited and cant wait! I'm also doing the Shellac Course the day after my last Gel day. I am then doing the L+P Course in June. My model for my Gel course is my sister who has been going to a NSS for acrylics (they have been using an e-file on her natural nail.... OUCH!)
emoji17.png
Anyway she is now struggling to keep anything on her nails and her nails are painful to touch.

My question is that after I'm qualified in my gel course can I use IBX under Gel Enhancements? Is there separate IBX training needed?

Thank you

Latest posts

Back