SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillyb

Reaction score
Hello,

I have always wanted to do beauty and recently had a baby so I think it's the best time to start now. I work for the emergency services so my shifts are all over the place and not family friendly at all. I want to do a course in nail extensions, acrylics, powder etc. I cant seem to find a good course however I have come across the beauty academy but the reviews are a little mixed could someone give me some guidance. I'm based in surrey.

Thanks in advance

Can I make a gentle suggestion? Rather than train in acrylics, consider training in polymer (acrylgel). Nearly all of our customers have migrated from acrylics to polymer gel because it is odourless, has a similar strength to acrylics, has a similar flexibility to gel, and is easier to apply.

Unlike acrylics where you have to learn how to produce the correct mix ration between powder and liquid (something all students find tricky and even some experienced NT never mastered), it is premixed. And unlike acrylics where the moment it is mixed, the acrylic starts to polymerise and get hard, which means you have to be quick enough to complete the nail in time, with polymer gel you can take as much time as you want because when you are happy, you simply cure in the UV lamp.

It is also super for those customers who are hard on their nails, such as cleaners, gardeners, etc.

Unless you want to do 3d acrylic nail art and sculpt flowers etc, which is something you can always learn later when your business is established, polymer gel is a better solution in my opinion.

I will send you a PM where you can see a video.

Latest posts

Back