acrylic curing time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_lisa_x

Reaction score
hi fellow geeklings!!

just a quick one:- does the temperature of the room effect the curing time of acrylic?

it can do so i have been told. i was always advised to keep your acrylic kit inside as extremes of temp can affect it
hope that helps

hi fellow geeklings!!

just a quick one:- does the temperature of the room effect the curing time of acrylic?

oh yes!!
in the hot days of summer you'll be racing to finish each nail as it sets so quickly and in a cooler environment you'll have longer to work with your brush before it sets.
refer back to your foundation course notes and there will also be a reminder/tip there about how to tell if its ok to start filing your work.
i don't appear to have come across as clear as the professional posters but hope its helped.
tracy

hi fellow geeklings!!

Most certainly. Temperature affects everything. The warmer it is the faster your L&P will set up and visa versa. You need to be adaptable to those changes.

I always use a fast setting Liquid monomer in the winter (CND MOXI). Retention+ just sets too slowly when it is cold for me. I work faster than it does :).

Latest posts

Back