Acrylic cuticles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnailedit

Reaction score
Hello

I'm a new nail tech working from home. I did my nails yesterday but needed advice on how to prevent patches of white showing under nail

Attachments

• IMG_20200614_210907_661.jpg
    IMG_20200614_210907_661.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 72
It's lifting, it's because the product is touching the skin. This should have been covered in your basic training, never get uncured product on the skin, it will lift and ultimately result on overexposure and potentially allergic reactions.

Are those patches from your natural nails or is it from the acrylic?

If its from the acrylic, it may be due to a few things:
- a low quality product
- your monomer to powder ratio is way off
- you are mixing monomer from a different brand with a different powder.

And because you said you are a new tech, you are still learning how to get a "feel" for working with acrylic. With practice and a good brain, you'll learn to get the ratio right between the powder and monomer and you'll learn how to place it properly on the nail to where seamlessly becomes one with the natural nail. That is why you are having a lot of lifting problems around the cuticle area also.

Keep practicing. Some people learn very fast. But Invest at least 3 months for acrylics, nothing longer than that.

Last edited:
As a New Tech, it is better to practice making relatively short extensions so that you can learn to avoid lifting and practice to perfect your shape. I understand the enthusiasm to be creative, but nail down the basics first otherwise - you will continue to have issues and it will take longer to learn.

Hello

I'm a new nail tech working from home. I did my nails yesterday but needed advice on how to prevent patches of white showing under nail
Hello, nice nail design.
White patches on your nail underneath the acrylic could be plastic tip wasn't blended enough so it will show through the acrylic, or when you picked up the ball of acrylic it was a bit dry. (product ratio is everything) also if nail is not prepped properly after you've applied you will see white pockets like it want to lift. I hope this helps.
If the white is on the edge of the nails then it means product has touched the skin

Latest posts

Back