acrylic dilema :o(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FingerNailFixer

Reaction score
my husband cut his finger badly at work and part of the injury took out a center piece of his nail completely. It is almost like you drilled a half a pea size hole all the way down to the nail bed. He works with a lot of coolant, steel chips, oil, grease, etc. and is concerned about what may get in it or that he may snag it and do more damage. He wants me to put acrylic on it but I am balking at te idea of putting acrylic on a nail that has the nail bed exposed. The argument from him is that the acrylic could not be any worse that anything else that could get in it but I am still apprehensive. Can I put acrylic on that nail without causing his nail and nail bed permanent or serious damage?
smilieturtle.gif

Most certainly if the skin is not OPEN or weeping.

Prep and sanitise really well. Drop of NailFresh in the hole.

Then I would drop a bit of adhesive into the hole and let dry. Then Overlay the nail thinly and fill the hole at the same time making sure not to trap any air down in there!!

thanks hun, I will have at it tonight!!!
smilieturtle.gif

He will be over the moon .. it is so irritating to have something like that.

I bet you wont even be able to tell it from the normal nail!! Good excuse to hold his hand for a little while too!! :D

My little brother did something similar to one of his finger nails. I did exactly what Geeg just said.. and it worked wonderfully! He works on the gas rigs here, and tends to be in oil and grease alot. I did notice that the acrylic needed to be tended to more frequently ( weekly instead of bi-weekly).

he loves it and appreciates what I do a little more :shock: ;) :D

He showed everyone at work, I used clear so if he would not have said anything you would not have even been able to tell the wound was still clearly visible through the clear. Hey maybe I can get a new area of clientele out of his coworkers I am sure there are nail injuries all the time and for Dale who is their boss to do it that makes it cool and acceptable not threatening to their manhood...lol

thanks again!!!!!!
smilieturtle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back