Acrylic feedback please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupmorris

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am currently training in Nail Harmony ProHesion and my assessment is in 4 weeks. I did a practise set on a friend tonight who already had gorgeous nails to start with. This set took me 2 hours to complete, I really would like to pick up my speed but I guess that will come with more practise. Any feedback would be welcome!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463259727.919646.jpg

These look quite bulky to me - you need to file and buff a lot more. Some of the nails start off nicely flush at the cuticle, then suddenly jut out. The free edge on that thumb is also way too thick, and looks like it's cutting into your client's skin?

Your smile lines are neat and consistent though - just file it up!

Nice crisp smile lines [emoji4]
Try to keep your file straight when you're filing the sides.
If you use tips rather than sculpting, it's good to taper them slightly as the product adds to the width but that's a great effort and time whilst training.
Well done!

Thank you for the feedback, I really do appreciate it! I have noticed I don't seem to be assessing the smile line area before picking up white beads. I then end up with a bead which is far too big for the area. Looking back at the picture the sides do stand out quite a bit - will definitely work on ensuring they are filed straight. Hopefully getting the right amount of product on the smile area should help with this also. X

Latest posts

Back