Acrylic & filing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
I'm just starting practicing on my nail trainer with sculpting acrylics, is a 100 grit file the best to use? I have 150 & 180 but have just been told I need to use 100 grit? I will be taking a course but I want to make sure it's for me before spending the money :)

Hats off to those of you that offer Acrylics though, as the filing is a mare lol, does it get any easier, as I keep filing my own fingers! ouchy!! :D xx

You should only use 100 to take of bulk and file enhancements. Then work down to 150 and 180 x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes huni it get easier! My first set took me 3 hours in class. Now it's hour half for sculpturing from client sitting down nail prep (most sculpture clients take about 30min prep due to horrendous state of their natural or non existent nails and cuticles which are grown out badly)
The actual application however is not very long at all. And you get quicker. I hardly file now once application is done.

I use nsi dura files no 150 and 180 I don't use higher unless I am doing a French fill so I buff them down and find it's hit faster however be careful you don't burn your client . I tend to be too quick and they once twice hear build up can cause pain and burn so be careful.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thank you i'll keep practicing, how do you stop from filing your own fingers? :-( xx

Get some tec tape for your fingers. I always wrap my thumb and index finger x

Get some tec tape for your fingers. I always wrap my thumb and index finger x

Hi, thanks for that, is Tec Tape the actual name? x

I use vet wrap,its great stuff, equestrian stuff

The link above is what I order x

Latest posts

Back