Acrylic & gel infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
I was wondering how many fills you perform on a full set of acrylic or Gel Nails before you recommend the client has them soaked off with a new set x

They don't really have to take them off at all unless there's something wrong with the set, their natural nails, or they simply want to have a break from enhancements. I had gel enhancements on for a full year and filled them every 3 weeks, and the only reason I took a break is because I wanted to try wearing only gel polish for a little while.

Thank you. I was taught initially to infill only twice, three times at a push. Then later during some other training was told it wasn't necessary like you said unless there was an issue so just wondered what others actually practise x

Thank you. I was taught initially to infill only twice, three times at a push. Then later during some other training was told it wasn't necessary like you said unless there was an issue so just wondered what others actually practise x

I haven't about that before. Did they happen to mention why we should infill only twice , or the reasons?

I haven't about that before. Did they happen to mention why we should infill only twice , or the reasons?

It was common advice and practise when I first trained 15+:years ago, it was mostly because in those days the products were not as well uv stabilised and would discolour as they aged so you would see yellow, old looking product at the tip and slightly less yellowed from previous rebalance and fresh product at latest service. It is also a way of making more profit from the service by demand a soak off and new set at a certain point.

A well structured and maintained set doesn't need removing

It was common advice and practise when I first trained 15+:years ago, it was mostly because in those days the products were not as well uv stabilised and would discolour as they aged so you would see yellow, old looking product at the tip and slightly less yellowed from previous rebalance and fresh product at latest service. It is also a way of making more profit from the service by demand a soak off and new set at a certain point.

A well structured and maintained set doesn't need removing
That's is exactly what my initial trainer said though it was only 9 years ago x thank you x

Latest posts

Back