Acrylic help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have been doing nails for about 5 months now and I can't seem to get the liquid to powder ratio down. Also I always put on acrylic down too thick. I get lifting around the cuticle becuse I get it too thick. Do I need to make the cuticle ball wetter than the rest of the balls. I spend way to long on the filing process. Also do you hand file or Efile? I have been tring to prep the nail to take down the length and product with the Efile and hand file around the cutilce. I do believe I prep well. Is it ok to use smaller balls and build up or one ball for each zone? Thanks for any help, Lynn

Lynn said:
Hi everyone,
I have been doing nails for about 5 months now and I can't seem to get the liquid to powder ratio down. Also I always put on acrylic down too thick. I get lifting around the cuticle becuse I get it too thick. Do I need to make the cuticle ball wetter than the rest of the balls. I spend way to long on the filing process. Also do you hand file or Efile? I have been tring to prep the nail to take down the length and product with the Efile and hand file around the cutilce. I do believe I prep well. Is it ok to use smaller balls and build up or one ball for each zone? Thanks for any help, Lynn

Hi lynn
Your ratio will vary from brand to brand but if you look under tutorials i think sam has done one on this subject. You shouldnt work to wet near the cuticle or anywere as you may get your liquid on the clients skin or your own which can lead to overexposure and ultimately probably to an allergy.
If you can work on your application getting it thinner your filing time will be cut down anyway.
You dont say if you have been but if you havent you should make sure that you have been well trained in using an electric file as you can do a lot of damage with them. They are very good in experienced hands. (ps if you have been trained please ignore the above :o )

Lynn said:
Hi everyone,

We all struggled with the ratio.....but it is all down to practice.......practicing with your beads until they look right, feel right and the texture is right............before applying a bead to the nail, do some test beads on a bit of sculpting form, you can watch then and see how the little beggar behaves and adjust your ratio accordingly..............

Do they dome just prefect or have they got little puddles around them (to wet), or do they sit and don't change in size (to dry)???
This is the most important part of your L&P application..........
Who did you do your training with???

Maybe the company you have trained with offer one to one tuition, troubleshooting class to help you with this.............

As for your zone 3 ball, this should be the smallest bead...........
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back