acrylic help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pauline kelly

Reaction score
can anyone help i am doing a home learn course on acrylic nails it teaches you to apply the acrylic in three stages i just would like to know if all nail techs use this method as when i have my nails done at the salon the lady applies the acrylic in one coat

thanks pauline

Hi ya Pauline

Just to confirm with you that I also did Essential nails home learn course. You do need to apply acrylic in three balls, however on thumb you may need four and pinkie maybe even two. There is no hard and fast rule though, but if you apply in three stages at least you can build up your appex properly or you'd be left with a very flat nail.

All the best!!!

Hi

I learnt in 3 stages but as time goes on everyone works in there own way. iv never done it in one go! Good Luck

Have to say i learn't with doing the 3 zones, also tried doing it with just one but my nails never really lasted. As the previous post said you don't get a strong build if you do just one layer in one go. There again i know other people who do two some do four so it depends on the individual.:)

Most beginners are taught the 3 bead method as an easy way to learn to create beauty and balance --- proper apex placement etc.

However there are many many ways to apply and if you like to work in 2 beads or one, you can still create beautiful nails. There is no right and wrong.

ONly thing is ... you can't do pink and white in just one bead now can you?? So that tells me the technician is using only one colour which in my opinion is a cop out, short cutting, and not giving the client the best service possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back