Acrylic infills not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennedyWarden

Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried to find a thread similar to what I'm wondering but can't, so sorry if this has already been answered! It's been a few months since I qualified & I did a full set of acrylics on a client which lasted really well until her infills. I infilled the nails and after a few days she's already lost four!! I don't know what it is that's caused the nails to not last this time as they lasted well as a new set, any help would be amazing!!

Thanks xxx

I would need more information, but here are some theories.

When you do a fill or rebalance, how much of the material did you file down? You should think down the whole structure of the nail to rebuild the shape and strength if you just file down the back and fill it might not be balanced.

If you just fill in the back with newer material and not the whole nail the older material will keep breaking down and the new material can’t keep it together.

If you left the tiniest bit of lifting that you covered with new material it will keep lifting.

Sometimes if you have done everything your suppose to it might be other outside factors or internal factors that effect the set.

Usually I see that when people are struggling with refill or rebalance clients not lasting it’s not well enough filed down and reshaped. Go thru your rebalance routine and check that you did everything your suppose to. Go back, evaluate your work and start over. File the set down completely and re do the sculpt to shape. The best way to learn.

Also contact your educator or distributor if you keep having problems. It might be the something chemical, but I would try troubleshooting your own work first.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back