Acrylic infills on Gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trusty754

Reaction score
I had a prospective client ring me last night needing infills, she has Gel nails and wanted Acrylic infills, is it ok to do this, i wasnt sure but thought the two would not work well together.:)

It will work just fine.
I've never had a problem switching over.

I had a prospective client ring me last night needing infills, she has Gel nails and wanted Acrylic infills, is it ok to do this, i wasnt sure but thought the two would not work well together.:)

As long as they are in good condition, then yes I would use liquid and powder over gel. You just need to advise her their may be a slight colour difference, but just get her to sign a disclaimer.

hth's

I have done this many times and had no probs

Only thing i would say is ... do you know if its a soak off gel or not...??

Some soak off gels are very very flexible...and with something less flexible on top it can cause cracking of the added product...

I did a layer of buff off gel over a soak off gel (bio) and the layer i put over cracked as it couldn't withhold the flexibility of the gel underneath.

this is fine but just make sure you ask her questions about her nails such as does she know the brand name of the product she already has?
where did she have them done previously?
why does she want to change?
and just make sure she understands the difference in the two systems.hth

Latest posts

Back