Acrylic infills taking too long?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucylou2303

Reaction score
Hi, I have taken over some clients from another therapist who has left for acrylic Infills, this has never been my string point but I'm really struggling with infilling them to get a really neat finish. It's taking the best part of 2 hours especially if they are being painted aswell. Do you have any helpful tips for me to become quicker and confident? Best files to use? Techniques? Also we use the edge tip and dip acrylic system.

Why are you having to file so much? Is there allot of lifting?

It should be a matter of just going round the edges to make sure all the product is nice and tight to the nail plate and then adding more product!

If the nails are coming back in bad condition, then that will take time to sort out, but they shouldn't all be like that.

They seem to look slightly thicker when they come back, mayb because they are starting to lift?! But I find I'm having to file the whole nail down to then reapply product. Or would you literally apply product to the well that has grown out? I'm finding it very hard work!

They seem to look slightly thicker when they come back, mayb because they are starting to lift?! But I find I'm having to file the whole nail down to then reapply product. Or would you literally apply product to the well that has grown out? I'm finding it very hard work!
If the product has lifted, then you have to remove the lifted product, but if not, then just do as I mentioned above, file over the surface to clean it up and fill in the regrowth area. This will be fine until the technician gets back and she can deal with re-balancing at the next appointment.

The following may help you to have a read through. It is an excerpt from my book, 'nailclass' and has !swithed on light bulbs for many! :lol: I hope it helps you.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/8573-file-control-part-4-during-rebalance.html

Latest posts

Back