Acrylic + l&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammie

Reaction score
Just a quick question that probably sounds really dumb, but whats the difference between acrylic and l&p. If any, i ask this because i've noticed people talking about acrylic and then about l&p. (sounds really stupid, but just wondered!!!!!)

Sammie

Sammie said:
Just a quick question that probably sounds really dumb, but whats the difference between acrylic and l&p. If any, i ask this because i've noticed people talking about acrylic and then about l&p. (sounds really stupid, but just wondered!!!!!)

Sammie

L&P JUST means liquid and powder, So yes when people say acrylic nails its the same as saying l&p.

Thanx.

I thought it was the same, but when i read something it referred to both in the same sentance as if they were different. (There i go again not making any sense)

Acrylic is a huge family of plastics and many nail products belong to the same family (including the other systems). Traditionally, the liquid and powder system has been referred to as acrylic because it is one of the earlier 'systems' used for creating artificial nails and the description has just stuck even though it is not exactly accurate.
Does that help a bit more?
Marian

Yes thank you

All artificial nails are acrylic based - I personally beleive as technicians we should only refer to L&P as liquid and powder as oppossed to the term Acrylic, as it causes the client much confusion - but this has seems to have stuck and is very hard to change...(sorry got on my soap box) if you look in The complete Nail Technian by marian Newman this goes into the basic chemistry involved with each type of system...hop ethis helps..

lesley1965 said:
L&P JUST means liquid and powder, So yes when people say acrylic nails its the same as saying l&p.

Sawasdee ka

I have a big sign on my door Acrylic nails but when i speak i speak l&p liquid and powder because i do not do gel .

I do not like i do not know why when people speak Artificial nails i like some body speak Nail enhancment . :D When some body speak artificial nails it not sound good like nail enhancement i think

Mui from Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back