Acrylic lift and break

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleynails

Reaction score
Hi
I am training to become a nail tech. Acrylic nails is what I do the most.when I practice on models I am finding that I may do some acrylics that last 2-4 weeks no lift or breaks but then some I do will either break a couple after 2-3 weeks or some may even have 3-4 nails lift after 2 weeks. I am confused why the ones with the lift is happening?? Can anyone help me?? TIA

If they’re regularly breaking then check the structure of the nail and that your apex is in the correct place and thick enough
Lifting can be caused by different things but when training/newly qualified it’s usually insufficient prep, product touching skin or bead ratio.
Do you have any photos of the broken/lifted ones which could help?

If they’re regularly breaking then check the structure of the nail and that your apex is in the correct place and thick enough
Lifting can be caused by different things but when training/newly qualified it’s usually insufficient prep, product touching skin or bead ratio.
Do you have any photos of the broken/lifted ones which could help?
Thank you.
I don’t have any pictures. But when people’s nails have broken they have said they come off hole? And the lifting I am not sure. I never get the product on the skin. But it may be my bead ratio as sometimes I do pick up the perfect bead other time it may be on the runnier side?
Thank you

Thank you.
I don’t have any pictures. But when people’s nails have broken they have said they come off hole? And the lifting I am not sure. I never get the product on the skin. But it may be my bead ratio as sometimes I do pick up the perfect bead other time it may be on the runnier side?
Thank you

If they are lifting off completely and not snapping then it’d the same as lifting so not the nail structure.
It’s common for nail prep not to be thorough enough at the beginning as we’re cautious and inexperienced so take time to ensure there is absolutely no tissue on the nail plate.
The finger nail fixed has a great you tube video on this which shows the difference in thorough prep.

Hi
I am training to become a nail tech. Acrylic nails is what I do the most.when I practice on models I am finding that I may do some acrylics that last 2-4 weeks no lift or breaks but then some I do will either break a couple after 2-3 weeks or some may even have 3-4 nails lift after 2 weeks. I am confused why the ones with the lift is happening?? Can anyone help me?? TIA
Do you sculpt or use tips?
If using tips ensure the nail is throughly sanitised, prepped and primed and use The Edge nail glue to secure the tips: I also like to use a wooden cuticle stick to gently but firmly press the tip to adhere to the natural nail. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back