Acrylic lifting after 1 week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraducker

Reaction score
Hello, got a client who keeps having all ten nails come off after just one week. I put her another set on free of charge thinking it could have been something i have done it has been dead on a week and all ten are off again, its tips with acrylic overlays. Could it be me or the client any advice would be much appreciated thanks

laura

Hiya!! What is your prep routine? are the nails broken or just totally lifted?

Hi, push the cuticle back, file and buff the nail to remove shine and then i use 'pure nails' extra strength primer, she says the nails just peel off she owns a shop and just found out she does a lot off heavy work could this be the cause.
All other clients are fine no probs.

thanks Laura

I had the same problem on my sister's nails. All my other clients had no lifting, but all ten of my sisters would come off everytime.

I had to spend extra time on her prep as she had the 'stickiest' cuticles. I now use cuticle remover and let it sit for at least 3-4 minutes, then push them back well, making sure I 'squeak' the plates off well with Scrubfresh.

I only apply the primer on her one nail at a time-just before I place my first bead.

Her nails are perfect now, I hope this helps.

Oh yeah..and she now faithfully applies Solar Oil, as she didn't follow instructions before....

Hi, push the cuticle back, file and buff the nail to remove shine and then i use 'pure nails' extra strength primer, she says the nails just peel off she owns a shop and just found out she does a lot off heavy work could this be the cause.

thanks Laura

How long have you been doing nails and How many clients do you have?

Is the product lifting off clean and leaving the plate shiny or is the plate rough and looking like the product has been prised off?

Is she breaking them with her job and then picking the rest off?

In any case I would not be doing any work for free. Whatever the reason, she left you with 10 nails and comes back with none! Is that down to you?? I doubt it.

has she had acrylic on before? could it be that acrylic just doesn't suit her nails? i had this once, switched her to gel, and that seemed to resolve the problem!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

1> She had Gel on before the acrylic, applied by a different tech. She did not get on with them at all, she ended up snapping her natural nails. It was Biosculpture.

2> She contacted me and asked specifically for Acrylic extensions which she'd had before and liked but did not want to go back to the original salon.

3> I soaked off the Biosculpture, re-prepped the nail and applied Acrylic. They came off 7 days later and was a clean lift on all nails.

4> I inspected the nails and thoroughly re-prepped then applied a second set of Acrylic and 4 days later they are off again. I have just spoken to her and she says it is the same problem, a clean lift on all nails.

5> I've been doing nails for 18 months, first just friends and family and now working full-time for myself. I'm getting good results with 99% of clients using either Acrylic, GelAcryl or Gel but this one is baffling me.

I'm going to have a word with my training provider, and maybe book a one-to-one troubleshooting session.

Thanks Again

Laura.

I've phoned my local wholesaler/education centre and my trainer is going to give me a call for a chat.

It probably is something that the client is/isn't doing, but a bad name travels faster that a good one, so I want to get this sorted.

I've been letting it get me down a little.

thanks Laura

do you use the pure nails prep liquid? i trained with them initially and we were taught to prep and prime

Hi Tracy, thanks for your reply.

Yes, use prep and primer. It's just this one client, but it's being getting to me (pmt I think! lol). She's going to give GelAcryl a try and see how she gets on with it.

Latest posts

Back