Acrylic lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just a thought as I couldn't see any problem with her technique. :)

Thanks hun. Any help, advice, thoughts or criticism (constructive!!! Lol) is VERY MUCH appreciated ;) x

glad if I could help =)

Let me know how it goes =)

(camouflage acryl powder - skin masked builder powder -you can build longer nailbed - see my album french nails)

glad if I could help =)

Let me know how it goes =)

(camouflage acryl powder - skin masked builder powder -you can build longer nailbed - see my album french nails)

Can't see albums on here as I'm using the iPhone app :( x

Just a quick thought... The dehydrator im using is an EzFlow one (quite old too :O) would this make a difference??? As I said, all the products I'm using are Salon System and they don't sell a dehydrator :/

hi, i suffered badly with lifting too, and went back to my educator for her to watch where i was going wrong.

my prep was fine (as does yours by the sound of it) but my problem was that where i was building up the apex with bead 2, it left a big step down for bead 3 - eg the acrylic near the cuticle part was very thick.

i was told to use less product, and blend out the far end of bead 2 rather than leaving an obvious ridge, and press bead 3 down firmly so that it stuck, blending just away from the cuticle. Then when filing, file round the cuticle area so that there are no obvious ridges - if there is, this is where it will lift or the customer will pick.

hope ive explained it clearly, this has really helped me! x

hi, i suffered badly with lifting too, and went back to my educator for her to watch where i was going wrong.

my prep was fine (as does yours by the sound of it) but my problem was that where i was building up the apex with bead 2, it left a big step down for bead 3 - eg the acrylic near the cuticle part was very thick.

i was told to use less product, and blend out the far end of bead 2 rather than leaving an obvious ridge, and press bead 3 down firmly so that it stuck, blending just away from the cuticle. Then when filing, file round the cuticle area so that there are no obvious ridges - if there is, this is where it will lift or the customer will pick.

hope ive explained it clearly, this has really helped me! x

Thanks hun

Also thanks to everyone!!! :) I have a set tomorrow night, fingers crossed :) x

I agree with all of the good advice posted above...... would just like to say that in my early days of doing acrylics i suffered same problem but found it was down to my applying acrylic too close to cuticle and side walls.... and secondly the system i was using! I decided to try out different systems (at a cost to myself obviously) and eventually found one that worked for me and have been using it ever since! NSI Attraction products i find to be fantastic. As soon as i used there products all my problems disappeared and my confidence in applying acrylic nails went right up! May be worth a try yourself?............

I agree with all of the good advice posted above...... would just like to say that in my early days of doing acrylics i suffered same problem but found it was down to my applying acrylic too close to cuticle and side walls.... and secondly the system i was using! I decided to try out different systems (at a cost to myself obviously) and eventually found one that worked for me and have been using it ever since! NSI Attraction products i find to be fantastic. As soon as i used there products all my problems disappeared and my confidence in applying acrylic nails went right up! May be worth a try yourself?............

Thanks Hun, was thinking this, (NSI) but was unsure which powders to choose, as they have so many variations of pink and white! Lol x

Thanks Hun, was thinking this, (NSI) but was unsure which powders to choose, as they have so many variations of pink and white! Lol x

I will be moving to NSI when I have finished my products there actually cheaper than asp and seem to be more rated!
Go on their website and order a catalogue they also do sample packs!

Ok.... So here they are, let's see....

If they lift this time it must be my application, as I spent an hour prepping and tipping! Haha

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335386439.133535.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335386439.133535.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 347
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335386451.089645.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335386451.089645.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 329
Duno if this advice is a bit late or whatever. Ive just finished training recently with The Edge and one thing that i was taught that wasnt in your list was after buffing with the white block we were told to "etch" around the cuticle area & side walls with the zebra file. Maybe this makes the surface slightly rougher so the primer and acrylic adheres slightly better? Just a thought from a newbie

Duno if this advice is a bit late or whatever. Ive just finished training recently with The Edge and one thing that i was taught that wasnt in your list was after buffing with the white block we were told to "etch" around the cuticle area & side walls with the zebra file. Maybe this makes the surface slightly rougher so the primer and acrylic adheres slightly better? Just a thought from a newbie

Thanks hun I'll try that next time :) x

Ok.... So here they are, let's see....

If they lift this time it must be my application, as I spent an hour prepping and tipping! Haha

well they look good to me and if after all that time prepping and they lift i would say its not your work thats causing it..... and that its the products your using! If i were you i would definitely go over to NSI and will gaurantee you notice a difference immediately! They do do various pink and whites as u say but tbh it just depends on how dramatic u like the pink and white colour. Just choose one from each and give it a go with the attraction liquid and primer etc aswell of course!... Oh.. and also a really good product to use in your prep is Scrubfresh! A really good product, they say not to mix systems but i use this with NSI products and it works really well.... It will all cost but in the long run your results will be so much better!

Latest posts

Back