Acrylic Nail Art Paint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwhiteh

Reaction score
Hi there - I know some of you are probably going to tell me that this post is on this site a hundred times but I cant find it!!!

Going to go to my local 'Hobbycraft' shop of the way home from work to get some nail art paints but want to make sure I get the right ones - do they have to be water based?

Do you just use acetone free remover to clean the brushes?

Am sick of doing nail art in varnish and having to wait 4 hours for it to dry - am hoping this will be much better - pleeeeeeeeeease help - dont wanna get something I have to file off!!!

hi Clarabelle, yes you do need to be using water based acrylic paint , I think the ones in hobby craft are in a bottle with a squeeze top, they dry fast and you only need to wash your brush with soapy water. I use a brand called Jo Sonja's they are artist quality and are really great to work with.

also once your design is dry make sure you seal with a good clear topcoat.

You can also easily remove your design from the nails with a non acetone polish remover.....but as stated before never clean your art brushes with polish remover.

I always seal of my nailart with a topgel (cures in a uv light) it works wonderfull.

Minette

Latest posts

Back