Acrylic nail help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph H

Reaction score
Hi
I completed my acrylic Nail course I'm September. So far I have only done friends and family nails, however all of them bar 1 have said the nails have cracked or come off.

What could I be doing wrong?

TIA

Cracking implies insufficient strength, I'd look at your apex & spine placement, also check you are leaving enough product at the side walls too, it's tempting to file most of it off in the early days trying to ensure the overlay is thin and attractive but you can go too far sometimes.

'Coming off' - sounds like they weren't properly adhered in the first place, possibly lifting at zone 3, probably due to improper prep, you need to make sure every tiny speck of dead skin cells and oil is removed before application.

Those are just a couple of pointers for the beginner, if you have more specific details of how they cracked and/or came off we might be able to give more specific pointers

Hi
I completed my acrylic Nail course I'm September. So far I have only done friends and family nails, however all of them bar 1 have said the nails have cracked or come off.

What could I be doing wrong?

TIA
The most important thing to stop nails coming off or prematurely lifting is in the preparation of the natural nail before the application of acrylic. It needs to be thoroughly prepared and must be completely free of the 'true cuticle' skin and the total surface shine must be removed from the nail plate, but do not etch the nail. Do not work the acrylic too much once it is on the nail and make sure the acrylic doesn't get over the skin surrounding the nail as it will cause it to lift.

Latest posts

Back