Acrylic nail infill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel5

Reaction score
I’m new to this, and completely unsure if im posting this in the correct place so apologies in advance. I’m taking training course in nails but I still like taking the time out my day to go to salons and have my nails done by other professionals. Today I went for my first infill... however I don’t believe it was performed properly. I’m new so unsure if I just haven’t seen it done this way before. She used a hand file to file down the raised acrylic growth to smooth it out and then proceed to paint the new gel colour over the top. She didn’t fill the gap with any acrylic product whatsoever just the gel polish. So essentially my acrylic now starts half way up the nail. You can’t really tell and the nail does look nice and level but I’ve been taught that your supposed to fill the gap with more acrylic. This lady is known for being cheap and the “infill” as she called it only cost £10. Am I missing something or is this a way I’ve never seen before? Thanks in advance.

You're right, she's wrong, those nailscwill probably lift and snap relatively quickly

I had already booked a second infill prior to this appointment but have doubts about the durability of these nails! Surely if she performs the second infill the same the nails will lift or end up with infects underneath the natural nail! She’s such a highly credited nail artist in my area too and most people probably won’t even know what she’s doing is wrong!

Be wary as the remaining acrylic bulk advances towards your free edge with no support further down the nail. If one breaks in that state I reckon it’ll hurt!

Latest posts

Back