Acrylic nail just popped off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inktavia

Reaction score
Hi I am new to acrylics and I thought I prepped right considering it took an hour to prep alone, but the nail popped full off!!

What am I doing wrong?

I am cleansing with alcohol, buffing, dehydrating and priming before lay the tip down is there something I’m missing?

Are you removing all the cuticle from the nail plate?

That use to happen to me when i used tips mainly but now i sculpt.

I don't use tips I mainly sculpt, but perhaps you're not sizing the tips correctly or applying it correctly? Perhaps you touched the skin with the product, or your filing routine needs some work? Could also be improperly balanced apex or lower arch.

It’s probably prep or product touching the cuticle or side walls.
It’s just a learning curve so don’t panic.
The fingernail fixer has a great video on YouTube showing thorough prep.
I only do dry prep but I’m very thorough and that comes with practice.

Hi I am new to acrylics and I thought I prepped right considering it took an hour to prep alone, but the nail popped full off!!

What am I doing wrong?

I am cleansing with alcohol, buffing, dehydrating and priming before lay the tip down is there something I’m missing?

Sounds like the tip was under tension if it 'popped ' off . When u size your tips do you make sure that the c curve matches the c curve of the nail? Also when you use tips the acrylic/gel doesnt have as much nail to hold onto, that's why I much prefer sculpting.. also i used to prime after i glued the tip on but only on the natural nail

Latest posts

Back