Acrylic nail kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emex

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know any good acrylic nail kits for beginners? I’m unsure of everything I will need and what kits online are decent to use.

Hey does anyone know any good acrylic nail kits for beginners? I’m unsure of everything I will need and what kits online are decent to use.

Have you commenced your training with L&P yet?

I trained back in the day with star nails. I recently did a refresher course this year with a brand called posh nailz. I found their kit to be cheap and very easy to work with. However when you do your training they usually give you a starting brand to use so try the one provided first before you change brand x

I haven’t yet no it would be my first time

Please don’t be tempted to experiment with products and chemicals before you have actually commenced your training. Otherwise, not only will you pick up all sorts of bad habits, but you could also cause serious long term damage.

Please don’t be tempted to experiment with products and chemicals before you have actually commenced your training. Otherwise, not only will you pick up all sorts of bad habits, but you could also cause serious long term damage.

That makes sense thank for the advice, Do you know any good places that I could do training at so I could learn with them and do it properly?

I trained back in the day with star nails. I recently did a refresher course this year with a brand called posh nailz. I found their kit to be cheap and very easy to work with. However when you do your training they usually give you a starting brand to use so try the one provided first before you change brand x

How long was this training course for? I’m finding it hard to find decent courses online

My original course was a year long- and was in Braintree in Essex (I did this when I was 17, I’m now 28!) and the recent course I did lasted 6 months and was based in Colchester in Essex. The first was free as I had just left school, the refresher course cost me £3,250. I did learn a lot so I’m glad I did the refresher course. I’m from Essex and there are several training courses around here, where are you located? X

That makes sense thank for the advice, Do you know any good places that I could do training at so I could learn with them and do it properly?

Most of the major nail training providers will be able to offer courses, but do your research well and you’ll be sure to find something which suits your requirements and budget.

Don’t be tempted by “one day” type courses though, they’re way too insufficient and there’s no way you can learn it all in such a short space of time.

The Nail forum is your best friend on Salon Geek, so have a browse, take a while to find all sorts of invaluable information, and most importantly, get your training course selection right first time. Too many nail techs have paid cheap, but have learned the hard way by having to start all over again. Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back