Acrylic nail tidiness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staystrongsoa

Reaction score
Hey ladies :) so I recently done my acrylics training and have done a few sets so far. Obviously I know it'll take time to get the hang of them as I have done with shellac and other products but I seem to be struggling slightly with the neatness of the acrylic around the cuticle area, does anyone have any tips? Or any tips on how to get my thickness right as sometimes I feel I've done the acrylic too bulky looking!?

Any help would be appreciated!

Use a smaller bead in zone 3. When starting out it's very easy to think you need more product then you do. So use a small bead and make sure you press it firmly. Ideally you want the product to blend into the nail plate smoothly with no ridge in this area.

I am also starting out and take a cuticle stick and run it around the cuticle at each layer. Just to ensure there is no contact with the skin :) Found this little trick on a YouTube video and it has stopped so many issues my clients were having with lifting nails ;) I've found that the more I do, the less mess I have though so I guess practice is working too!

HTH x

I am also starting out and take a cuticle stick and run it around the cuticle at each layer. Just to ensure there is no contact with the skin :) Found this little trick on a YouTube video

That isn't a trick it's simply bad practice.

It looks awful, won't fix the fundamental problem of applying correctly & puts client at an increased risk due to routine overexposure.

So don't do it!

Just work with a very small bead in zone 3 as advised by pure.

You will notice improvement very quickly as you become more familiar with how the product behaves & master your ratio :)

Wow ok. I have no idea what zone 3 is...

Wow ok. I have no idea what zone 3 is...
Sorry to butt in but are you actually qualified? One of the first things you learn in applying acrylics are the different zones I thought that was basic knowledge!

I thought I was qualified but the more I come on here the less I seem to know! My training was obviously seriously lacking!! I know what the beads are etc but I don't use acrylics, I just use gel.

I guess I shouldn't have posted on this thread as I don't use acrylic but I was just trying to help... :( I didn't think I would end up getting shouted at and interrogated!

Zone 1 is the free edge, zone 2 is the stress area and zone 3 is up to the eponychium. This is something that SHOULD be taught when learning enhancements.

Sparkle_Nails it might be a good idea to give advice on topics where you are trained but if you haven't been trained in acrylic enhancements it's very, very different to gel polish.

Site rules #6
Professional advice should come from professionals
Do not post what could be considered professional advice or recommendation if you do not hold a relevant qualification for the subject matter. This does not mean you cannot voice an opinion, but if so - it should be very clear that you are not qualified to be making professional recommendations on the subject.

You're literally throwing the rule book at me! I give up! Am fed up of being criticised and harangued on this forum. I came on here for help and advice and to offer the same and I just give up!! Forget it. Am out of here...

Don't give up!! We are all here to help :)
I only copied in that section of the rules by way of explanation, not to criticise.

Latest posts

Back