Acrylic nail woes

Mjbeauty__

Hey everyone, I’m a qualified but struggling nail technician, I’ve just had done an infill on a client with acrylics from another salon, she phoned an hour later to say one has popped off? I removed all lifting and prepped well. I’m just not sure why this has happened.
I constantly doubt my abilities and just feel like maybe this isn’t my industry.
Any advice would be much appreciated!

ciderella71

Do you have any photos of the infill you can post so we can help?

Elrose

Hey everyone, I’m a qualified but struggling nail technician, I’ve just had done an infill on a client with acrylics from another salon, she phoned an hour later to say one has popped off? I removed all lifting and prepped well. I’m just not sure why this has happened.
I constantly doubt my abilities and just feel like maybe this isn’t my industry.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Don't give up! When I first started I had nails lifting, popping off prematurely, cut people with the nail files etc etc. Fast forward and my nails have been known to last over 8 weeks (although I don't advice it) very very rarely lifting.

1st do you sculpt or use tips?

2nd is your colour in the form of polish or acrylic powders?

I've taken a short break from nails to expand my education but when I was doing them I actually stopped doing infills and only did fresh sets (perhaps not something everyone would do but it worked for me and I was working 6-7 days a week with clients booked in throughout the day so they didn't mind either) my clients would either book a removal first or do DIY at home removals for which I gave them detsiled instructions.

It's natural to doubt ourselves when things aren't going right but the key is to try and cultivate a positive mindset, experiment and take steps to improve and persevere.

All you can do is apologise to clients, keep it professional and even offer them a discount should they wish to rebook but try not to take it to heart (easier said than done I know)

You got this!

Elrose

Also: another thing I made a policy is I only infilled my own work because a lot of generic nail salons use MMA

Elrose

(Before I stopped infills alrogether) so perhaps give that a go.

HannahlovesLondon

Share some of your work to comment on.